HMS King George V

20 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Sounds ominous Brian. I hope things are ok...

1 hour ago, BeeKay said:

She’s looking stunning mate, and that base really sets it off. If I hadn’t had the news I had today I would have got some paint on mine tonight!

So sorry to hear that sad news about your dad mate STAY SAFE and be STRONG  for the rest of your family we are all thinking of you  :pray:

Keith

Thanks again for the kind words Gent's

This is just a small update for and main masts have been secured and about 2/3rd of the rigging and all 24 oerlikons :facepalm:

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 14

Well nearly 5 years in the making and I have learnt quite a bit from this build lots of things that I would and should have done differently not quite up to some modellers skills here on BM but think I am slowly getting there or somewhere near.

So calling this done will post in RFI soon.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071207-hms-king-george-v-1350/

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

I think this is your best so far Keith :)

Cheers Jamie so it does not say much for the previous ones then  :facepalm:

I think we are all our own worst critics I could have kept going with this but you just get to a point when you think that is it before I make it worse and make a total mess :rage:

32 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Beefy, congratulations on your completion. Not only do I admire your skill but also your staying power to keep at this build for so long. Regards, Jeff.

Cheers Jeff

Not sure about staying power more like I was to scared to touch it for about 3 years  :frantic:

beefy

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

I was to scared to touch it for about 3 years 

Ah, but you did come back to it. 

If it comes down to breaks between sessions I'm afraid I can top that.😀 My HMAS Perth II had a break of about 30 years inside it's box, before I decided to continue it. But that model is an Airfix 1/600 Rommel conversion, not in the same league as yours. Again, well done. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Well nearly 5 years in the making and I have learnt quite a bit from this build lots of things that I would and should have done differently not quite up to some modellers skills here on BM but think I am slowly getting there or somewhere near.

So calling this done will post in RFI soon.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071207-hms-king-george-v-1350/

spacer.png

beefy

Just been through this, wonderful conclusion, she looks amazing.  Italian battleships may look pretty, but British battleships had the greatest sense of purpose in their design imho

Steve

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve D said:

Just been through this, wonderful conclusion, she looks amazing.  Italian battleships may look pretty, but British battleships had the greatest sense of purpose in their design imho

Totally agree with you there Steve

3 hours ago, OutcastJoel said:

Mate, that is beautiful. Five years well spent I would say!

53 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

Hear hear!

16 minutes ago, BeeKay said:

Congratulations on her completion mate - stunning 👍👌

Thank you very much Gent's do appreciate the positive feedback nearly as good a feeling when being at a model show and someone starts touching your model base to see if it is wet  :whistle:

beefy

5 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

... nearly as good a feeling when being at a model show and someone starts touching your model base to see if it is wet ...

I've learned not to do that on the computer ... it gets fingermarks on the screen.  lol

John

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...