HMS King George V

1 hour ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Hi Keith, did you use B20 or B30 for that hull?

Hi Jamie yes used B20 for the Panel NARN 36 on the tin it may just be the poor light that makes you think B30

beefy

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Hi Keith, did you use B20 or B30 for that hull?

Hi Jamie I think I might have made a BO BO I took the assumption that the 5.25 guns had the roof painted in the same colour as the main 14 inch turrets but looking at some online photos they mainly look all over light grey do you happen to have any reference to this before I fit these in position  :book:

beefy

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Hi Jamie I think I might have made a BO BO I took the assumption that the 5.25 guns had the roof painted in the same colour as the main 14 inch turrets but looking at some online photos they mainly look all over light grey do you happen to have any reference to this before I fit these in position  :book:

beefy

Hi Keith,

I think you called that right. This photo isn't great but you get a reasonable view of P1 and P2 here and if the horizontal roofs of those turrets was G45 there's no way it could appear darker than the vertical surfaces

1280px-King_George_V_class_battleship_19

3928415.JPG

If you are concerned because of images like this then don't be - these are KGV in her post-war scheme with the whole hull painted B20.

HMS_King_George_V_secondary_turret_SLV_G

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Jamie I have still over done the roof area to far down the side of the turrets so will have to adjust them but it will be easier than having them stuck down 

Thanks again for your help 

beefy 

• Like 1

Main and Formast dry fitted all main deck railings done need a touch up here and there well all over really  :whistle:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 12

Re-paint done on the 5.25 roof area fitted the railings to the main turret roofs and POMPOM has been added also started setting the ship into the base before adding any more of the smaller bits and aerials.

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 13

Looking great mate, making massive progress now. I'm trying to do likewise with my JO'B :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BeeKay said:

Looking great mate, making massive progress now. I'm trying to do likewise with my JO'B :thumbsup:

Cheers Brian you need to start posting up some progress photos

Small update ship now set in base and added the remaining guns just the single Oerlikon to go now

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 20

18 hours ago, kpnuts said:

That's looking amazing on its base.

18 hours ago, longshanks said:

Home straight and looking great :thumbsup:

Kev

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Great job on this, I so like the look of the KG.Vs as a class, this build is catching that wonderfully well.

Steve.

7 hours ago, Gisbod said:

That looks great Beefy! 

Good job 😊

Guy

4 hours ago, robgizlu said:

Wow - that is impressive :clap2:

Rob

51 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Impressive that Beefy, looking awesome on its base. No rigging then...:shrug:

Stuart

Gents thank for all the kind words and likes it is appreciated

Stuart there will certainly be rigging quite a bit and I have made a start but need to get all these little blighters done and fitted to the deck first

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Well started the production line on the single Oerlikons and inbetween to give the old eyes a rest I started to layer the wake on the base.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

beefy

• Like 8

She’s looking stunning mate, and that base really sets it off. If I hadn’t had the news I had today I would have got some paint on mine tonight!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2