HMS King George V

Tamiya KGV 1/350 with WEM PE.

Well I started this one some time ago and thought it was about time I got it back down off the shelf of shame nearly finished another project so will be getting more practice in with the PE hopefully :shutup:

IMG_0001_zpski3x6n4m.jpg

IMG_0005_zpsrdnoigdu.jpg

IMG_0212_zpsusdssxnp.jpg

IMG_0223_zpspuiu94s9.jpg

IMG_0229_zpslsfzxj42.jpg

And that is it so far will be getting some work done over this weekend famous last words :weep:

Beefy

• Like 11

Lovely base there mate, it will look a treat on that. Will drop in sooner tonight for a peep and drop off some GOT episodes (7.15?)

BK

• Like 1

A look through the magnifier and lamp started on the funnels removed the plastic detail and added the PE Phew :weep:

IMG_0224_zpsiehlr12f.jpg

IMG_0225_zpsacb596ga.jpg

IMG_0266_zpsexjewtuy.jpg

Painted the deck a desert yellow and will be adding a dark wash

Beefy

• Like 8

Thanks for the kind words there Gent,s hope I can do the kit and the PE some justice this is only my second 1/350 build and I,am still cutting my teeth in the ways of this scale and PE techniques :banghead::banghead:

Beefy

Using a bit of a mix with the glues some parts I,am using the gator glue and some I,am using Rocket Rapid CA glue just what i,am used to with other builds but if you can recommend another type I,am willing to try it sometime in the future maybe.

Thanks foxy but I,am still a bit weary when it comes to PE just taking my time until I get enough practice in.

Beefy

Using a bit of a mix with the glues some parts I,am using the gator glue and some I,am using Rocket Rapid CA glue just what i,am used to with other builds but if you can recommend another type I,am willing to try it sometime in the future maybe.

Thanks foxy but I,am still a bit weary when it comes to PE just taking my time until I get enough practice in.

Beefy

Take your time Keith. Gator Grip is the best glue for PE I have run into. A little bit of practice goes a long way with Kenny's magic glue :winkgrin:

I really cringe at my first attempts at fitting PE, (Tirpitz build over at Jimbo's flophouse). Practice, practice etc................................................

Go for it Buddy :coolio::yahoo:

• Like 1

Great start mate, looking forward to seeing how she turns out. I'm liking the look of the seascape too, can't wait to see the finished article.

I'm a real big fan of the kgv class battleships, so I'm going to enjoy this build. :)

Edited by Dylandogg
  • Like 1

Take your time Keith. Gator Grip is the best glue for PE I have run into. A little bit of practice goes a long way with Kenny's magic glue :winkgrin:

I really cringe at my first attempts at fitting PE, (Tirpitz build over at Jimbo's flophouse). Practice, practice etc................................................

Go for it Buddy :coolio::yahoo:

Great start mate, looking forward to seeing how she turns out. I'm liking the look of the seascape too, can't wait to see the finished article.

I'm a real big fan of the kgv class battleships, so I'm going to enjoy this build. :)

Thanks lads so no pressure there then. :hanging:

Beefy

• Like 1

Started looking at building up the bridge and aft structures

IMG_0569_zpsmqdcucpo.jpg

And the took the plunge and started on the cranes with the PE :frantic:

IMG_0573_zpskywakebp.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsonbxh39o.jpg

and a little storage box I got from a friend to help keep them safe until they go on the ship

IMG_0571_zps8meq6xd6.jpg

Beefy

• Like 9

Started looking at building up the bridge and aft structures

IMG_0569_zpsmqdcucpo.jpg

And the took the plunge and started on the cranes with the PE :frantic:

IMG_0573_zpskywakebp.jpg

IMG_0572_zpsonbxh39o.jpg

and a little storage box I got from a friend to help keep them safe until they go on the ship

IMG_0571_zps8meq6xd6.jpg

Beefy

Way to go Keith :yahoo::thumbsup::goodjob:

• Like 3

Those cranes really are a piece of work mate - they make my eyes bleed looking at them! :yikes:

Thanks mate but if your eyes are bleeding just looking at them think of what it is doing to my old eyes trying to put the things together when I,am wearing that magnifier contraption ( Hunny I think I Shrunk the Kids ) :hypnotised:

OK Now some help needed please do any of you kind gentlemen know if the hanger doors would have been removed and covered after the KGV had a refit and the ships boats were moved to the mid ship area

I,am building her as 1945 as part of the Pacific fleet and my reference so far says that is the position of the boat deck and that the Walrus aircraft was no longer used

Cheers Keith

Small update been slow these last few days got the secondary guns primed and have stripped all the molded on cradles on the boat deck ready for the PE ones

also got the observation platform added to the forward funnel

IMG_0580_zpszam9xnxq.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsjbvft0im.jpg

IMG_0583_zps0pronqqz.jpg

Beefy

• Like 10

Now that is a nice sight to see Keith ! That's a real looker you are building there, great work on the cranes :goodjob: :goodjob:

Thanks for the encouragement Julian very much respect your input on any issues.

Now then I have had some time to get some work done on the main turrets and added a ladder to the forward funnel ( that 4 hour ladder safety training course at work came in handy then )

IMG_0585_zps1ikuckqq.jpg

IMG_0584_zpsu1ekssqe.jpg

And after a bit play around with the camera I think I have figured out some better settings for the close up work at last ( See it does pay to read the instructions some times ) :banghead::banghead:

Beefy

• Like 6

Great work, Keith! Watching with interest, to see how this 'later version' of the King pans out, as I build mine over on 'the other site' :banghead::popcorn:

Edited by RussellE