Hobby Shops in Tallinn, Estonia ?

Tiger331

Hei Hei,

In the autumn I am re-locating to Tallinn, Estonia for work. Does anyone out there in BM land have any knowledge of the hobby scene out there ?. I understand there is a well established IPMS Latvia, which links to a couple of hobby shops but I cannot find much on Estonia. Perhaps someone has been on a weekend trip to Tallinn (or even lives there) and can confirm if there are any hobby shops worth noting for future reference.

Many thanks

Mark

I am going there in the not too distant future, and was wondering the same thing. I am also going to the other capital cities of the other Baltic states, so I am also wondering what the situation is like in the other two cities.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going there in the not too distant future, and was wondering the same thing. I am also going to the other capital cities of the other Baltic states, so I am also wondering what the situation is like in the other two cities.

Hi there,

I'm just back from Tallinn and drew a blank although I did not have sufficient time to do a proper search. Having said that, the internet and/or yellow pages did not offer anything up either. I believe Riga will be a better bet. There is an IPMS Latvia and I understand there are at least two hobby shops in the city, which appear to show up on an internet search. Good Luck !

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I'm just back from Tallinn and drew a blank although I did not have sufficient time to do a proper search. Having said that, the internet and/or yellow pages did not offer anything up either. I believe Riga will be a better bet. There is an IPMS Latvia and I understand there are at least two hobby shops in the city, which appear to show up on an internet search. Good Luck !

I managed to find the 2 model shops in Riga, but as you say there is not much in Tallinn or Vilnius. The only thing that I found in these two cities is a hobby shop in each that were in shopping centres. The one in Tallinn was at the Rocca al Mare shopping centre on the upper floor. It seemed to sell a bit of everything hobby wise including some kits.

• 4 months later...

Hello all,

The shop at Rocca al Mare is indeed a bit of everything.

Just recently i found a shop in Lasnamäe areawhich stocks Italeri, Tamiya, Zvezda kits as well as HUmbrol and Vallejo paints. It is at Punane 52, in Tallinn, in the second floor of the realiseermiskeskus building.

It is run by Atrioola ( www.atrioola.ee), an importer for modelling kits and miniatures in Estonia.

Be aware that toys and also modelling kits are in general more expensive in Estonia then elsewhere in Europe, so expect to dig in your pockets deep or take them with you when you travel back and forth ( which is what i usually do).

So far that is the only proper plastic modelling shop in Tallinn i have encountered.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

a bit late,

still no changes... The shop at Rocca Al Mare has relocated inside the mall to a bigger place, and the shop at Punane is still there, moved one slot further back.

Actually, the 1:100 Zvezda kits are on average about 25% cheaper than in the Netherlands. Not sure about the other kits though ( reference: a 1:100 T-35 is 6 euro in Tallinn, and 8,5 euro in Arnhem, the Netherlands, any other set costs 3 euro's vs 4 euro's )

For 28mm scale, there is gamersguild at Kentmanni 18 in Tallinn, Owner is a UK guy

http://www.gamersguildtallinn.ee/

• 3 years later...

Just back from a holiday in Estonia.

The shop in Lasnamäe at Punane 52, in the outskirts of Tallinn is run by Atrioola ( www.atrioola.ee), an importer for modelling kits and miniatures in Estonia.

There is a bus stop called Lasnamäe turg  just outside the realiseermiskeskus building (I took Bus 66 from Balti Jaam, the Central station).

Exiting the bus, you should enter the two storey building to the left and take the stairs up to a traditional hobby shop with new and old kits on the shelves.

It has the latest Zvezda kits (difficult to get in Europe now) and also stocks of Ukrainian and other hard to get brands at reasonable prices.

Zvezda kits cost 2/3rds or less compared to the shop in the Rocca Al Mare shopping mall.

One of the ladies manning the shop speaks a fair amount of English, the other less so.

The shop at the Rocca Al Mare shopping mall was a disappointment, not much in the way of kits and prices on European levels.