This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tiger331

Hobby Shops in Tallinn, Estonia ?

Hei Hei,

In the autumn I am re-locating to Tallinn, Estonia for work. Does anyone out there in BM land have any knowledge of the hobby scene out there ?. I understand there is a well established IPMS Latvia, which links to a couple of hobby shops but I cannot find much on Estonia. Perhaps someone has been on a weekend trip to Tallinn (or even lives there) and can confirm if there are any hobby shops worth noting for future reference.

Many thanks

Mark

I am going there in the not too distant future, and was wondering the same thing. I am also going to the other capital cities of the other Baltic states, so I am also wondering what the situation is like in the other two cities.

I am going there in the not too distant future, and was wondering the same thing. I am also going to the other capital cities of the other Baltic states, so I am also wondering what the situation is like in the other two cities.

Hi there,

I'm just back from Tallinn and drew a blank although I did not have sufficient time to do a proper search. Having said that, the internet and/or yellow pages did not offer anything up either. I believe Riga will be a better bet. There is an IPMS Latvia and I understand there are at least two hobby shops in the city, which appear to show up on an internet search. Good Luck !

Hi there,

I'm just back from Tallinn and drew a blank although I did not have sufficient time to do a proper search. Having said that, the internet and/or yellow pages did not offer anything up either. I believe Riga will be a better bet. There is an IPMS Latvia and I understand there are at least two hobby shops in the city, which appear to show up on an internet search. Good Luck !

I managed to find the 2 model shops in Riga, but as you say there is not much in Tallinn or Vilnius. The only thing that I found in these two cities is a hobby shop in each that were in shopping centres. The one in Tallinn was at the Rocca al Mare shopping centre on the upper floor. It seemed to sell a bit of everything hobby wise including some kits.

Hello all,

The shop at Rocca al Mare is indeed a bit of everything.

Just recently i found a shop in Lasnamäe areawhich stocks Italeri, Tamiya, Zvezda kits as well as HUmbrol and Vallejo paints. It is at Punane 52, in Tallinn, in the second floor of the realiseermiskeskus building.

It is run by Atrioola ( www.atrioola.ee), an importer for modelling kits and miniatures in Estonia.

Be aware that toys and also modelling kits are in general more expensive in Estonia then elsewhere in Europe, so expect to dig in your pockets deep or take them with you when you travel back and forth ( which is what i usually do).

So far that is the only proper plastic modelling shop in Tallinn i have encountered.

Hi Guys,

I'm going to be in Tallinn most of March.

Is there someone who can give an update on this subject.

/Bosse