Spitfire VB Italeri 1/72

I present for your entertainment my recently completed Italeri Spitfire Vb WiP here.

I chose this for relaxation after Memphis Belle. Big mistake. Although it has few parts, there are challenges as the WiP shows.

Built OOB as EP706 wearing 'T o L', 249 Sqdn. Malta 1942 (it says in the scheme). Spitfiresite.com says:

On Malta, the aircraft saw service with No. 249 Squadron. Due to scarcity of serviceable aircraft, pilot rotation was usual on Malta, and EP706 was reportedly flown both by F/O George “Buzz” Beurling, the highest-scoring Malta ace, and Sqn/Ldr Maurice Stephens, commanding officer of No. 249 Squadron. It is probable that both these aces scored victories while flying this aircraft.
The paint scheme was standard Dark Earth/Mid Stone over Azure Blue and red spinner.
Airbrushed with Vallejo Model Air, unprimed (don't do this!).
DCB5FE88-B38C-4AAB-91ED-EB7C05FEE966_zps8F9F0489-73FE-42E2-B136-0E3A288D9BEA_zps
210EEEDA-BD8D-4B60-B3E7-4CC18BD4ED65_zps90232D2F-EBED-493E-AD40-A0DB26150323_zps
D0AF4A34-A536-4865-89A6-CD22145CEC68_zps
6B5056E8-8779-49A9-BAA3-B707EC01D522_zps
Edit: Forgot to add one of that 'pouty mouth':
E1807E7C-EB55-4BC7-AFD4-F7DC70676D0C_zps
Thanks for looking :)
  • Like 29

An excellent finish C, despite the tribulations during the wip she's turned out very smart ,

and a thougherly entertaining thread as usual.

Sean

• Like 1

Great results Ced, congrats! This scheme is really good looking! I agree with others: the final result is lovely and shows no hint at the build issues you found :goodjob:

Jaime

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments :)

In case you've missed my next WiP, come and join the relaxing time I'm having with the Airfix Curtiss Hawk here. Shameless self publicity, but I'll miss you otherwise :)

• Like 1

Beautiful machine which you have done a beautiful model of! Love the markings, I don't know if I have mentioned it before to you Ced but I am a bit of a Malta fan! I know I should have said something sooner! Expertly tamed this challenge.....

And have a read of the wip, I has one or two comic moments.... Oh and some modelling

Rob

• Like 2

Thanks Rob - I must go back to Malta; had a great holiday there with the kids a few years ago. Next time I'll give Popeye Village a miss and get some history in!

Thanks Stew - score 1, fnaar fnaar!

• Like 1