F-4ETM Türk Hava Kuvvetleri Revell 1/72

Goood evening ppl!

My brand new project is this Turkish ETM Phantom. While I waiting for get the correct color for my Sparviero I started something different.

P1060839.jpg

As can be seen on the photo, I going to use the HDL's decal sheet. I was thinking about buying a resin cockpit and ome whatever but I guess that'll do for a good and quick joybuild.

I want to build this one:

112YASARSUCAKLI.jpg

My plan is to load it to the maximum. What is for sure is the two underwing droptanks and four AIM-9 on the underwing pylons and I am thinking about to put on the centerline frop tank and two or four Sparrows. Three drop tanks and eight AAMs imposing, isn't?

As I see they useing the same drop tanks, that the Revell includes.

73-1036-McDonnell-Douglas-F-4E-2020-Term

2Konya_20140618_254_F4Headon.jpg

Anyway the quality of the moulds remembers me to the old Heller and Kovozávody Prostějov kits...

P1060843.jpg

P1060847.jpg

And so on. Flush everywhere. I dont know what happened to the Revell. Anyway fits well thanks God.

P1060844.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ahoy!

The contruction is slowly ongoing.
Actually much slower, than I expected, but I just can't not spend time on detailing.
So this is it, cockpit is in finish.

I had a big game with the marks of the ejection pins, but they disapeard once and for all. :chair:

Sparrows were miss-shaped.

P1060907.jpg

P1060908.jpg

P1060912.jpg

Cockpit:

P1060911.jpg

P1060992.jpg

P1060994.jpg

• Like 5

Just a note about the missiles - the ones in the Revell kit are AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, or AMRAAM, not AIM-7 Sparrows, which is why the fins are a different shape. It might be worth checking what Turkish F-4s carry as the Turkish Air Force uses AIM-7s and AIM-120s.

Nice build so far.

• Like 1

Thank You, for commenting.

Just a note about the missiles - the ones in the Revell kit are AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile, or AMRAAM, not AIM-7 Sparrows, which is why the fins are a different shape. It might be worth checking what Turkish F-4s carry as the Turkish Air Force uses AIM-7s and AIM-120s.

Nice build so far.

I was thinking about if those were AMRAAMs. But whatever they were they are converted to Sparrows. I have already searched for photos. In general, Turkish F-4's carry drop tanks. :D

Maybe this is the most intresting loadout I could find.

konyaveda2-600x400.jpg

hi,

f-4 e 2020 can NOT carry aim-7 nor aim-120, regular f-4e tm can carry aim-9 and aim-7....

Hi.
HDL's manual says 68-0403 is a 'normal' F-4ETM. No words about 2020.

That Phantom looks great, my friend! I really like the cockpit... to get so much detail in something so small is very cool!

Thank you for sharing with us. I will be watching how the build goes on....

Chris.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey-ho!

I have some improvement to show You.
Flow deflectors needed to fill. Revell gives it with an edge, you can see, the blue line. So. It should be flat and smooth. Now its filled with Epokitt and litle bit of Revell Plasto.

P1060998.jpg

10 gramms of lead is placed in the nose to balance it.

P1060999.jpg

I think it wont sit on butt.

P1070001.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello guyz, I have not been here for a while.

But, I was working on, and today I'm coating the darker grey.
Let me show you what sis done so far.

I had the ideo to install the moveing mechanism of the slats of the leading edges -or whatever these 6 lumps are- before glueing together the wing's upper and downer parts. This method let me to glue the lump from behind, via the inner side of the downer part. And I was lucky, because Revell mixed the two sides and the small parts did not fit first. So I had to move them to the correct side. I culd pull them out easyly from "inside" makeing no glue marks or other demages. Luck. :)

P1070005.jpg

Wheel wells painted quckly.
The twoo acces panels are only nuisance I think.

P1070006.jpg

All of a suden on of the covers flown away. Of course twoo weeks later I found it, but the new part was done already. Murphy!

P1070011.jpg

At glueing all gone wrong. Although dry fittings were showing zero problems, I had to fil and grind. And I dont understand how come... :\

P1070013.jpg

Show must go on anyway, so itwas time to deal with the muffers. No details inside, graet! Great chance to make it myself. Alu sheet from tealight's socket, it is thin and soft.

P1070018.jpg

P1070019.jpg

P1070021.jpg

P1070022.jpg

All flled below:

P1070023.jpg

• Like 3

Also sanding took much more time as I expected before. Especially at the "backbone" of the jet.
After the umpteenth sanding-scribing-surfacing cycle:

P1070034.jpg

P1070035.jpg

Gadgets:

P1070036.jpg

Preshading:

P1070038.jpg

P1070040.jpg

The test run with the Gunze H18:

P1070041.jpg

P1070048.jpg

Gunze steel amongst Humbrul aluminium.

P1070044.jpg

P1070047.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Boris,

Great work so far! I have the same kit, which I intend to build as a German camouflaged F-4F, so I'm following this build with interest. The Turkish birds look quite impressive, by the way!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done. I really like the varied preshading instead of it being the same all over at each panel gap, subtle and effective work.

Looks like a fiddly job to get the main undercarriage doors on with the tanks in place!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...