Revell 1/72 C-54 /DC-4

aukebruins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived yesterday (Lowestoft to Orange, NSW, in about four days - amazing!) and it's GORGEOUS!!! The Mach 2 kit isn't even in the same galaxy! At this stage I've just opened the box and drooled over the contents, but I feel that the need to attack it with cement and instruments of destruction will soon overcome me!

• Like 2

I want to build mine as a RAF late wartime aircraft and these were probably fitted with airliner style seats too, so I`ll be waiting for a reply to the above too!

Cheers

Tony

The underside of the cabin baseplate already has the mounting points for seats and the military version's specific parts are on on separate sprue, so it seems obvious a civil version was on Revell's mind when they developed the kit. I suppose sales numbers will determine if and when it will be released. It took them a while to come up with the MkIII Halifax but then they followed up the Ju-88A-4 quite quickly with the G version, so who can say?

I have feeling that especially in CBI theatre during WWII, C54 were used not only to transport VIPs but just as regular cargo plane - like suggested on this photos for instance (especially the second photo with four girls where no furnitured interior is seen):

http://www.nasflmuseum.com/frank-frezza.html

Here are some WIP, ambulance and regular cargo C54s machines:

http://flightspiritmagazine.weebly.com/c-54-profile.html

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM

Does that matter? You won't be able to see the difference anyway in a 72nd scale airliner cabin :P

Totally agree with you. Its a personal view but I dont see the point of what Revell appear to have included with the seating on the C-54. If I do build one I would not bother with the interior. More interested about exterior changes such as the door and window arrangement.

I'm about ready to close up the fuselage on mine, and I can assure you that about 99% of that beautiful kit interior will disappear into eternal darkness when I do. Yes I'll know it's there, but I can't help thinking that the cost of it would have been better saved and the price of the kit reduced - particularly considering the current state of the Pacific Peso ...

• 2 weeks later...