Airfix 1/24 Hurricane, help needed with the engine!

Tanis-UK

Hello all, I am currently building the Airfix Hurricane and having real problems finding details of the engine, looking on google I find plenty of pics, but many lack detail of how things are connected etc, one eg would be the magneto where is it attached? I know its connected by a hose to the plug bar! But surely it would be atached somewhere else, any help would be appreciated.

12.jpg

Hi

Not 100% certain as i am going from memory, i dont think that is the magneto.

i think that is the generator, with its air cooling supply pipe.

cheers

jerry

Hi Edgar?

Going off the saying ' you learn something every day', i always thought the magnetos were the little cylindrical objects set in a slight'V' at the front of the gearbox, obviously thats not the case, can you enlighten me as to what they are,? ( from my poor description)

Thanks

Mark

i always thought the magnetos were the little cylindrical objects set in a slight'V' at the front of the gearbox,

On the starboard side was a vacuum pump quill shaft, and, on the left, was a de Havilland constant speed unit.

The Griffon had a single magneto, centrally in the front, which was the reason for the teardrop fairing on the upper cowling of the Mk.XII.

The Griffon had a single magneto, centrally in the front

And a delightful thing it was to change too.

Not at all awkward,heavy nor a crusher of fingers!