Classic Airframes DH Sea Hornet NF.21

1 hour ago, David A Collins said:

For an accurate representation of a Hornet or Sea Hornet in 1/48 scale, start with a Classic Airframes or Dynavector kit. You will still need to correct these though. The key items are the length, and position of the undercarriage/doors to the nacelles.

The Trumpeter kit has lots of shape and dimensional differences to the real thing, and I wouldn't know where to start.

Hello David,

Well, since I already got the Trumpeter one, I'll buy a third set of airwave's saw.

Thank you again.

Let me guess, the Trumpeter Seafang is also a candidate fot the saw, putty and sanding operations. I tend to say yes ??

corsaircorp

4 hours ago, gingerbob said:

God yes- the Spiteful/Seafang are similarly "impressionistic".  Here's a build thread that will tell you some (I need to get back to it...)

(The good news: It isn't as awful as their Vampire. :P)

Nothing is as awful as their Vampire!

Martian

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Except, of course, Hobbycraft's Vampire.

bob

p.s. Sorry for the hijack, David!

Ho Lord,

I also have some Hobbycraft vampires.... One of each in fact.

And I have a Classic Airframe vampire.

Is there Something good in the Hobbycraft Vampire ?

Thank you beforehand.

Corsaircorp

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Thank you beforehand.

Corsaircorp

Well, if you turn the wings upside down, fill in the undercarriage wells on the, now top surface and cut/carve/hack out new ones in the correct position on the now lower surface, the wings are not too bad. Especially if you sand the wing tips to a more accurate profile.

Please note, nothing said about the position of the booms on the wing... Or the fuselage, or the booms, or the...

Christian, who tried to correct one once and will not make that mistake again, ever

• Like 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Ho Lord,

I also have some Hobbycraft vampires.... One of each in fact.

And I have a Classic Airframe vampire.

Thank you beforehand.

Corsaircorp

according to John Adams, the tailplane

see 

http:

also //www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946435-hobbycraft-148-vampire-t11-apparently

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wyverns4 said:

Well, if you turn the wings upside down, fill in the undercarriage wells on the, now top surface and cut/carve/hack out new ones in the correct position on the now lower surface, the wings are not too bad. Especially if you sand the wing tips to a more accurate profile.

Please note, nothing said about the position of the booms on the wing... Or the fuselage, or the booms, or the...

Christian, who tried to correct one once and will not make that mistake again, ever

I will need another Schwarezwelder cake, and some liebfraumilch :P

Thank you.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

You could send David a message?    He has been on here recently posting shots of the new Airfix Spitfire.   It is his pet subject so he'd probably be amenable to this.

Also, there is a lot of relevant information here

ah, this is the one I was thinking of

which still has photos.   These may well already be linked in the thread, but as this has just been bumped up after a few years,  it will do no harm to bump these up as well.

HTH

T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Christer A said:

I guess it's too much to ask for @David A Collins to go back and edit in all the pictures?

With a three day weekend away from home with lots of modelling friends looming closer I thought that the CA Hornet F.3 would make a good companion...

Hello Christer A,

I still have the photo's, now hosted on a Flickr account. Thanks for reminding me as I've been meaning to update the links in my Sea Hornet thread.

• Thanks 2

On 23/05/2019 at 23:13, matti64 said:

"I'm sorry I don't do impressions. My trainning is in psychiatry"

In that case @Mike will want to speak to you as we have a long standing vacancy for a BM shrink. He has upwards of 22,000 cases awaiting your attention.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

............He has upwards of 22,000 cases awaiting your attention.

It's possibly more like 30,000 as there must be quite a few with split personalities; although I'm in two minds about that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bootneck said:

It's possibly more like 30,000 as there must be quite a few with split personalities;

Yeah, that's just Martian and his plethora of head-friends.  I wonder how he fits them all into that bonce of his! :mental:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

In that case @Mike will want to speak to you as we have a long standing vacancy for a BM shrink. He has upwards of 22,000 cases awaiting your attention.

Martian 👽

Oh and so we have a shrink finally !!

we must be carefull !! better no get him afraid too quickly....

Hello ! My name is CC.... Well almost....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1