Beechcraft T-34C Turbo Mentor, Falklands War, 1/72 Sword

And now the smallest model I`ve ever made - 1/72 scale Beechcraft T-34C Turbo Mentor, Argentine Navy`s Air Force, Falklands 1982.

The kit is quite old short-run, one of the first Sword`s kits (definitely not for beginners). Some self-made additives were used (new canopy, new propeller, antennas etc.). Decals are combination of DP Casper and Xtradecal "Falklands War" sets. It was quite difficult to match the right colors, because on most photos we can see them faded, so it`s only my interpretation. The final result is below my expectations, but it was all that my skills allowed me to do with this tiny and simple kit... On the other hand - I`m quite happy with wire antennas, which are a real challenge in Argentine T-34C in 1/72.

Model shows aircraft no. 412, one of T-34s deployed on Pebble Island and destroyed there in SAS attack at night 14./15. May 1982.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by alex_stela
new links to photos
  • Like 58

Man, this is a great model! Below your expectations?! Then get the real stuff in 1/1 scale - guess much better it won't get!

I love it! Always had a soft spot for these prop trainers.

Cheers,

Michael

Excellent build, painting and weathering. I can't understand why it's below your expectations... it is really excellent, congrats!

Jaime

This isn't half nice, it is beautiful. Something very different and looks great. Excellent job.

Great subject matter. You have made an excellent model despite the troubles it gave you.

And, yes I agree with 'spiton' above - it does indeed have the visual look of a 1/48 with that amount of detail and subtle finish.

Good job well done!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...