"Fast Eddy" Me109 Trop.

Evening all, I picked up Eduard,s Me109 weekend boxing for the BoB GB last week and as I had never seen an Eduard kit in

the flesh was blown away by the detail and general quality of what I found in the box,last on Friday I popped into my LMS for paint

and as he had 10% off the range grabbed this "weekend" boxing for a cracking £11! I built an Airfix 109 in the sand over blue with

green Mottling a while back and was very happy with how it turned out so as a test piece for the 3 1/48 kits for the upcoming GB I

have given myself a few weeks to do this with some pre shading inside and outside the aircraft.a full engine and weaponry are

included which I hope to add,so please chip in with some painting advice as I have still not perfected this method.

Box artwork.

SDC13511%20640x480_zps4bv59dna.jpg

Decals and harness.

SDC13512%20640x480_zpsmrvtmgfk.jpgSDC13513%20640x480_zps17w5whyl.jpg

Main engine parts(5 piece) and main cockpit parts.

SDC13518%20640x480_zps9tqxilrl.jpgSDC13520%20640x480_zpsmp5zcqly.jpg

And an idea of the lovely recessed detail.

SDC13517%20640x480_zps6owjrstd.jpg

• Like 7

Looks a nice kit,. I've put my BoB kits on a high self out of eye line otherwise I would have buckled too.

Ozzy

Looks a nice kit,. I've put my BoB kits on a high self out of eye line otherwise I would have buckled too.

Ozzy

Me too Ozzy,hence having a crack at this one!

• Like 1

Watching with interest, I to have never built an eduard kit either, I have had a look at the instructions on line of some of their kits, they do look value for money.

Ozzy

Very similar in look to Tamiya although I have noticed on both kits no locating pins/holes certainly on the fuselage halves,glazing superb,I have heard

their early kits were a bit basic ie. their 48 scale Tempest.

Edited by stevej60

Hi Steve. I"ll be interested to see this Weekend Edition in progress. I've built a Profipack Spitfire before, which was superb but expensive. I'm impressed this one comes with the harness too. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Steve. I"ll be interested to see this Weekend Edition in progress. I've built a Profipack Spitfire before, which was superb but expensive. I'm impressed this one comes with the harness too. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank,s Stix,the harness was a surprise as the one I have for the BoB build has none present,I still find the "weekend" tag amusing,there,s more

plastic in the box than many other 109 kit,s out there you would have to be going some to get one done in a weekend and do it justice,now if

someone would suggest a weekend group build we could put it to the test!

Hi all,I got the engine painted it,s base colour and assembled the bulkhead which holds the ammunition boxes gun,s etc.while waiting for glue and

paint to dry I assembled the separate wheel well inserts which is a nice touch by Eduard and a beautiful fit.

SDC13530%20640x480_zps0cw5lllx.jpgSDC13525%20640x480_zpsgmyhzgdb.jpg

• Like 4

Having recently bought an Eduard Spit Mk VIII kit, I can only agree about the level of the detail in it! Plus I was lucky enough to get the Profipack edition at bargain price, so PE bits, lots of decal options and other stuff in addition to the already good amount of plastic.

Following this :popcorn::popcorn:

Ciao

• Like 1

Hi Steve

This will not be your last Eduard puchase! Three 1/72 Hellcats that didn't need glue to mount their wings or tail planes, two 1/48 Mk IX Spitfires that went together so easily and beautifully I had to relegate them to the "I'll paint these when I'm good enough with an airbrush to do them justice" box and two 1/48 Mk VIIIs that will almost certainly join them there when they're finished pushed Eduard to the top of my favourite manufacturers list. I must confess that I have never bought a weekend edition yet as I have been lucky enough to get Profipacks and Profipack Combos at ridiculously good prices and even a Royal Edition as a present - I would HAPPILY buy another of those, especially if Eduard release one for their Mk VIIIs!

Enjoy your Emil :thumbsup:

DC

• Like 1

Evening folks,thanks to the awful weather on my first of two days off I had a very productive morning on this build,I weathered the engine with a brush

of silver then added the engine bearers which still need a brush over.sprayed the interior RLM gray and dry brushed in sky with a final silver around the

pedals and seat.I am using a build in MAI of a 24 scale version of this aircraft for details etc.now I have never used AM ever but what a difference that

harness makes I feel like a proper modeller! so here,s the latest thanks for popping in.

SDC13532%20640x480_zpshm4wpjoj.jpgSDC13533%20640x480_zpsv1u5ozf4.jpgSDC13535%20640x480_zpsxemx5xtd.jpgSDC13536%20640x480_zpshiao6q9d.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 13

.....now I have never used AM ever but what a difference that

harness makes I feel like a proper modeller!

:lol: next thing you'll be doing, without even knowing it, is buying tons of PE frets and stuff like that ... :devil:

Anyway, engine and cockpit look brilliant - and the harness really makes a huge difference!

Ciao

:lol: next thing you'll be doing, without even knowing it, is buying tons of PE frets and stuff like that ... :devil:

Anyway, engine and cockpit look brilliant - and the harness really makes a huge difference!

Ciao

Thank,s Giemme,funny you should say that I was looking to see what was available from Eduard regards these kind of thing,s for my BoB GB builds

can,t see me doing the full PE thing but love the look of these Harness.!

Ciao.

• Like 1

Make you right Steve, just got this kit myself and to me it's the perfect package. Excellent detail from the box, no PE and a great harness, everything you need.

Halfway through an Airfix 1/48 Spit F22 myself in attempt to stave off the BoB GB excitement pangs.

Make you right Steve, just got this kit myself and to me it's the perfect package. Excellent detail from the box, no PE and a great harness, everything you need.

Halfway through an Airfix 1/48 Spit F22 myself in attempt to stave off the BoB GB excitement pangs.

That,s the reason for this build Doug,can,t wait to get started on those new Airfix offerings.

Looking very good Steve. As you and the others have mentioned; it does look a very nice kit from the box and your doing a cracking job with it. You'll be looking to build more 1/48 kits at this rate! ;)

Just when you thought it was all going to be 1/72 from now on! :doh:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks Stix,still got a good stash in 72 scale itching to start the Lancaster and Halifax but it will be autumn time for those two.I am really impressed

with these kits from eduard no major vices a little fiddly in places but nothing a novice could,nt handle I can see more in the future!

• Like 1

Looking good Steve, look's like i'll be adding one of these to the stash.

I love Eduard kits, i've built the Spitfire (superb!), loved it so much i bought the Royal Class set and loads of Brassin for it. Currently building a Mig 21mf, and thats going together lovely too.

Nick

Looking good Steve, look's like i'll be adding one of these to the stash.

I love Eduard kits, i've built the Spitfire (superb!), loved it so much i bought the Royal Class set and loads of Brassin for it. Currently building a Mig 21mf, and thats going together lovely too.

Nick

Thank,s Nick,finding the prices outstanding especially on the weekend boxing,s,just been in LMS and 1/48 Spitfire and Hellcat £14 and £11:50

respectively that,s a lot for your money,very tempting!

Edited by stevej60

Hi all, a couple of observation,s on the latest progress of this build: now I,m not a novice when it comes to model,s so not wanting to do Eduard any

injustice as it may be the way this kit was planned to display but no way despite all my efforts could I get the covers for both the engine and guns to

fit while both were in place to enable them both to be removed to display the details,the gun cover forward of the windshield sat on top with a 2+mm

gap,the engine needed the bearers removed to enable the one piece cover to drop over albeit with still a large gap present.As I say It seems to be

either display all opened up or leave out the extras and bolt her up which for me is fine I am happy for this build to close her up.Here she is as of

tonight.

SDC13537%20640x480_zpsdgazvttm.jpg

Don,t get me wrong this is a superb kit those wings are made up of upper and lower with separate flaps and ailerons and the fit is superb and the wing

to fuselage fit does,nt disappoint either it,s right up there with the best,as this is a quick build I will leave as is but the built engine is put away for the

BoB build where I will use it on an "opened" up version.thanks for your time.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, on page 3 of the instructions there's a bit about

'For closed engine and gun cowling go to page 11, do not use the following parts : E2, E16, E18, E26, E28, E29, etc...'

basically the engine bearers and the top deck of the engine block. And you have to shave a little bit of plastic off from the front top of the engine block as well. Guess it's down to the usual bugbear of scale cowling thickness, they'd have to make the engine underscale to fit in etc.

Going to do mine flying I think.

• Like 1

Thank,s Doug I missed that,I,ve closed her up but will open up the BoB one coming soon the cowl will have to be cut as photo,s show them

opened gull wing style on the real thing.

Hi be carfull the trop filter is too long.Its Eduard error and in cockpit have all Bf109E with drop tank fuel pipe like F,G,K version.Here can jou see finished model and photos.

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=90015&p=1680189&hilit=Trop+bf+109E#p1680189

Ps:In weekend isnt PE mesh part on trop filter :-(

Edited by Reserve_22
  • Like 1