Tornado F.3 Vinten Vicon Chaff/Flare Dispensers

nimrod54

I am building a 1/144th F.3 over on the STGB and I am looking for some help with the size of the chaff/flare dispensers LxWxD.

I wondered if anyone out there had some that they have fitted to a 1/72nd kit that they could measure so that I can then multiply by 0.5 to make a set for my kit. The overall dimensions would be sufficient, thanks in advance.

there are 2 types of chaff and flare dispenser... soryy, don't have the correct designations handy at the moment.

one is angled, comes in the 1/48 Paragon F3 update set and one, the more current one is not angled and has round cartridge slots.... dimenson wise both are more or less similar.

• Like 1

When I built my Airfix 1/72 F3, I had to make these dispensers from scratch too.

3e3b86c9-1a9f-46e4-9c36-abc433c4640b_zps

I could not find official measurements but estimated them from these. They may help you too.

f3-alarm.jpg

IMG_1010_zps6b00ba2b.jpg

IMG_1001_zps6611d0e8.jpg

If need be, I can get to mine later today and measure the ones I scratchbuilt.

David

• Like 1

good point....

I used the ones from the Airix F3 kit: see here:http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983511-tornado-f3-56r-sqn-firebirds-2000-display-scheme-148-airfix/

already on an Italeri kit several years ago...

IMG_9040_1_1_zpscprj2l8x.jpg

took some photos for you with a ruler (metric!!!!! in cms!) for you, but I will hafve to build some for myself as well..... ;)

hope they serve yoru needs, take care they are 1/48 scale!

IMG_9038_1_1_zpsoaelshbt.jpg

IMG_9037_1_1_zps52o8potd.jpg

IMG_9039_1_1_zpsr5wo8p6a.jpg

and for comparison the angled ones from Paragon, may someone will need these.. (Gulf war era?)

IMG_9034_1_1_zpsfie9cygc.jpg

IMG_9035_1_1_zpskccbep7u.jpg

cheers, Werner

• Like 2

Guy's thank you so much that is going to be really useful. Just got to get the magnifying glasses out now and crack on.

David, thanks for posting the drawings and photos I should be able to establish the position from those so no need to go to the trouble of retrieving your model. To be honest if my question had not turned up anything then my next task was to try and find some photos of the underside and guesstimate the size.

Werner, thanks for taking the time to measure those up I am sure that it will be useful to a lot of modellers.

Charlie_C67, I hope that you find this as useful as I will.

Cheers again guys.

• Like 1

Julien, thanks for posting the photos and for the reminder that we have a wealth of reference material available here on Britmodeller. I often forget about checking the walkaround pages to see if I can find photos of the relevant area in there.