1/48 Tornado IDS - Italeri 2648

Going to have to admit defeat, lost my modelling mojo three weeks ago and also have been preparing for our summer hols which start very soon.

Am going to finish on two positive notes. Firstly this build has ignited my interest in the Panavia Tornado and having been inspired by the superb builds here I very recently purchased the new Revell 1/48th scale kit which I would like to tackle this autumn. Secondly I do now have a Tornado which is over 2/3rds of the way to completion, I have done the hard work already and I think is going to look pretty good when it is finished. Will aim to get her finished towards the end of September.

I had no connection with Merv Milliken, I do note that he was nine years younger than me when he passed away and that does make me stop and think. I have worked with many ex military people in my railway career and when I have asked them questions about what they did, or asked their advice about military things, they have always happily shared their knowledge and reminiscences with me. Sounds like Merv Milliken was from the same mould.

• Like 2