Is nobody going to make a 1/72 Valiant B2 conversion?

David Womby

Hi Dave

Thanks for your comments. So they were Canberra wheels! You live and learn. As for the masters I would do somethings differently like amend the pods, so the attachment to the wings would be easier. Also the U/C would need to be 100% accurate before I would let loose on the market. The only thing that I seemed sure about at the time is that rear wheels are smaller than the B1's.

Greg

Greg your B2 is simply sublime. We desperately need a version of your conversion available to those of us unable to achieve the level of skill which you have exhibited. I'd pay folding wedge here and now for one.

Cheers, Nige B

• Like 1

Greg your B2 is simply sublime. We desperately need a version of your conversion available to those of us unable to achieve the level of skill which you have exhibited. I'd pay folding wedge here and now for one.

Cheers, Nige B

So would I, so if you're starting a list......

Steve

Me! Me! Me! I'd have a set too! Possibly two.

And I'm sure a mention on the What If site would get you a fair few orders in no time.

Be fun to paint one of these up as a Sub Hunter too would look nice in hemp and grey also

I've a plan for my unfinished Mach Poo Valiant as a tanker in similar colours too. With a TSR2 formating alongside. :evil_laugh:

Your all making me very feel guilty here. Two big problems here were cost and time; basically on account of the number of rejects produced before I had a two satisfactory parts. Additionally I would want to amend the master pods so as to make it easier to add to the wing. The problem with time being my wife filling my weekends with hovering and cooking for her and the ten kids.

shitpods_zpsznb6ovrk.jpg

:bounce:

• Like 1

Your all making me very feel guilty here. Two big problems here were cost and time; basically on account of the number of rejects produced before I had a two satisfactory parts. Additionally I would want to amend the master pods so as to make it easier to add to the wing. The problem with time being my wife filling my weekends with hovering and cooking for her and the ten kids.

shitpods_zpsznb6ovrk.jpg

:bounce:

Ten kids blimey, you've got plenty of cheap labour available to you so get 'em pouring that resin...

• Like 2

If those are the rejects, I think quite a lot of people would find them workable!

The guy that produces Unicraft resin kits charges upwards of CMR prices for kits of a resin that makes those look like AKI or CMR produced them. I've thrown away better castings than he charges top whack for.

• Like 1

If those are the rejects, I think quite a lot of people would find them workable!

The guy that produces Unicraft resin kits charges upwards of CMR prices for kits of a resin that makes those look like AKI or CMR produced them. I've thrown away better castings than he charges top whack for.

Thanks for the tip. I'll avoid those.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea who built it, but a photo from SMW 2011 in the comp... I thought it was bloody lovely!!

17183840417_45e9bfb548_b.jpgScale Model World 2011 by Radleigh Bushell, on Flickr

This one was built by Jan Forsgren. He used the Mach 2 kit as a basis - which makes it even more impressing!

What a superb Valiant B2 that is,and puts my version to shame!I had a few photos to go on,from period magasines and Janes,but an actual kit of this forgotten Bomber would be fabulous!!Like the Swift I have been waiting for such a Kit for the last 40 years or so.Therefore when the Mach 2 Bmk1 came out,I thought of modifying one.Luckily a part built kit was available on Ebay,where there had been a difficulty in joining the fuselage and other bits!!Just right for making a B2,so I bought it for a fraction of the normal Mach 2 prices.I cut the fuselage,making the increased length from plastic card filled with blue tac,and superglued,then filled and sanded,refitting the fuselage together-it seemed to work!!The booms I had no correct section dimensions of,so scaled it from photos and used the drop tanks,having cut and filled again to get some sort of size relative to retraction of the double boggies.It all looked OK,unti I see these fabulous photos above of the best conversion I have yet seen!!But stil I think my efforts just pass muster,so here is my Black Bomber,with apologies for dust etc showing!!DSCF4318.jpgDSCF4319.jpgDSCF4320.jpg

• Like 4

I think I will bin my poor efforts by comparison,and PLEASE put me down for a set as well!!Just simply a marvellous conversion for this Aeroplane,that can not be missed,if you are prepared to produce some more??

Three great conversions. all the more worthy due to the lack of hard info on these. I know I'll never do one but love to look at it, a fantastic looking aircraft. Mike, don't be too quick to quit yours, I like it a lot , you've some interesting looking background in those pics too. :)

Steve.

Thank you for those kind words,but mine was a recovery action from a poor Mach 2 victim!I would certainly bin mine to build a better one with proper nascelles/booms.Meteors are a passion,if you mean them,but the Tornado prototype sans wings is waiting for a donor and a set of flaps which are in the post!!!That came from Oz together with the Centaurus one ,plus the Tempest prototype,all from the same source and a remarkable fact that they are available down there,and not over here since Maintrack ceased!!!Anyway very good resin castings,with choices of modstates-props,canopies, etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Id definately be after a set too were you to produce them, the B2 has been on my list of must builds for soo many years, ihad put aside a spare Contrail B1, then a B2 when it came out, then an extra Mach Valiant, now iv a spare Airfix one which I fully intend to build as the black bomber :)

cheers, Joe

• 2 weeks later...