VC10 - Middle East Airlines

VC10 – Middle East Airlines

9G-ABP, Chartered from Ghana Airways, 1968

Airfix VC10 with modified and rescribed wings. The wings have the extended inboard leading edge of the Super VC10, with the drooped tip and vortex generators added. Commission build for a VC10 enthusiast. Decals specially printed by Nick Webb (classic-airlines.com).

VC10%20MEA%20012.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20009.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20008.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20007.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20005.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20003.jpg

VC10%20MEA%20001.jpg

Edited by CT Modeller
  • Like 30

Airliners do not usually interest me, but this is a beauty!

You've taken a very old kit and done wonders.

Impressive work, well done! :)

I recently saw these decals on Nick Webb's site, and thought Hmmmm, and after seeing this, I just have to go ahead and do it too. Beautiful work. Such a classically graceful aeroplane.

Cheers,

Mike

Stunning re-scribing work on those wings. What a fantastic finish of a Silent Swift Superb Vickers. Well done!

Just trying to get my hand back into some scribing after 20-odd plus years on an Airfix 737 - and that's tiny compared to the VC-10- the patience, steadiness and time it takes... (sigh) I can but admire yours from afar.

Just sharing, but; - as a very, very young youngster, I got to fly in several BOAC VC-10s each Christmas from 1966 through 1970 from Blantyre, Malawi via Nairobi to London Heathrow and return (to visit grandparents). One of my 'first memories' was boarding and flying the last one, as I was just old enough to know what was going on. I also remember it was so comfortable I slept on the floor (at my parents feet). Every time I see a VC-10 I recall these things... so, cheers to you!

• Like 2