Tiny Tim.Trumpeters 1/32 Skyraider

Usually i build models so that i can sell them on built up to pay for the next one. This one is a keeper! I love it. Its Trumpeters 1/32 A-1J. It has been built straight from the box with no faffing. I seem to have gone off weathering too. Im happy with just exhaust streaks. It is what it is , a plastic model. Great build with no problems at all. Im so impressed i am just starting a Trumpeter 1/32 A-1H , which again will be straight from the box but with gun bays open , engine shutters closed but cowling open and wings folded. I havent put the seat in this one yet , i will leave that for another day. I was too lazy to mask the camo so i just airbrushed it freehand.

tt1_zpsyjvfbyn9.jpg

tt2_zpsjga8wa5b.jpg

tt4_zpscbdkvefg.jpg

tt3_zpszqt5lkod.jpg

Edited by gunpowder17
  • Like 13

Nice paint job, looks really good, but why no markings on the fuselage? Is it supposed to be like that?

Sean

I tried building the ZM one a while back , but it just frustrated me. Too many gimmicks , too fiddly and I dont think it was molded as well as the trumpeter one. I cant comment on accuracy but the Trumpeter one is a more relaxing build.

• 6 months later...

I've just now seen this one - very nice job on the Special Ops Spad! Markings were kept to a minimum on the SO aircraft - I guess so if they were shot down the Communist wouldn't know they were American! I suppose the dead American in the pilot's seat wouldn't be a giveaway.

Regards,

Jason