Fairchild-Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II - Revell 1/48

Hello all

My latest completed build - Revell's 1/48 A-10 Thunderbolt. This was a Christmas gift, so just went at this one straight out of the box and with even less attention to accuracy and detail than usual, so anyone with a particular love of / interest in this aircraft might want to look away now...

Not one of my favourite builds, but I think it's turned out ok (it even survived a 9ft fall to the floor from the shelf of doom!). For me the best thing about the kit was the decals, which conformed beautifully to the curves and plentiful raised detail on this beast.

Painted with Tamiya acrylics, weathered with Flory Models' dark dirt wash, and finished with a flat coat of Vallejo Matte Medium.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Adam

DSCF0020_zpsee4oryf2.jpg

DSCF0001_zpsncitubxj.jpg

DSCF0006_zps8qep3lkt.jpg

DSCF0009_zpsklqdbjnd.jpg

DSCF0008_zpsycnicfmd.jpg

DSCF0019_zpsppatqbzk.jpg

DSCF0024_zpsprcrn0hy.jpg

DSCF0022_zpsfjjjt582.jpg

• Like 18

Well that looks rather good to me. Shame you didn't enjoy the build much because the result is very nice. Decals do look to have settled very well. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Unfavourite or not I think that's a fine build. I was lucky enough to be at a firepower demo when an A10 was strutting its stuff - what a piece of kit!

9ft Shelf of Doom?! You really don't want anything getting down from there do you?!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Thanks Stix and Roger - the 9ft high shelf is on top of a full size ikea book shelf, just about the only place the kids can't get their grubby hands on my kits!

Know what you mean about the firepower of this beast - my 'research' consisted of watching a couple of Youtube videos of it in action - that Gatling cannon it was built around is ludicrously powerful!

Know what you mean about the firepower of this beast - my 'research' consisted of watching a couple of Youtube videos of it in action - that Gatling cannon it was build around is ludicrously powerful!

Oh it rocks!

The paint job looks great with the right amount of weathering. I do like the Flying Tigers scheme as the shark mouth as it gives the model a mean look, very appropriate for an A-10. The decals indeed does look to have gone on very well. If only all decals were that co-operative would make our life a bit easier ;)

• Like 1

That is a smashing representation of a beast of an aircraft. Even as a kit it looks like it will kick your teeth in. Great job on that.

• Like 1

i don't care with the old-school raised panel .... !

lov your hog !
lov the shark teeth .....

most of all ... it's juz as bada** as the real hog by survived a 9ft fall !

anyway, how much weight did u put on the nose to prevent th tail sitting ?

• Like 1

Nice one Adam. Those decals took some work to get them looking so good. Well done, Joe.

• Like 1

i don't care with the old-school raised panel .... !

lov your hog !

lov the shark teeth .....

most of all ... it's juz as bada** as the real hog by survived a 9ft fall !

anyway, how much weight did u put on the nose to prevent th tail sitting ?

Thanks supernoob. I actually forgot to put any weight in the nose before gluing the fuselage together :banghead: so ended up having to put it behind the cockpit through the gap where the canopy goes. I think the kit called for 30g, so I probably ended up putting in more than 40g, just kept adding until the thing stopped tipping...

Thanks also to Joe, kira666 and F-32.