Airfix Supermarine Spitfire F Mk.22 1:72 (Pic Heavy)

I like it, a nice wee diorama and of course you can also add to it. I also like the little details you've included

like the flowers and the moustache, good ideas,

Sean

A good start and a great ending - well done DreadZombie! :)

Thank you. ^_^

I like it, a nice wee diorama and of course you can also add to it. I also like the little details you've included

like the flowers and the moustache, good ideas,

Sean

Thank you, the moustache is quite stereotypical of British airmen in WW2, especially so as their rank increases, so I couldn't resist adding one. :P

• Like 1

A really good looking spitfire and diorama! Congrats!

Now it's finished, what are your impressions on this kit? I intend to build one and would like to know what to expect. Thanks

Jaime

A really good looking spitfire and diorama! Congrats!

Now it's finished, what are your impressions on this kit? I intend to build one and would like to know what to expect. Thanks

Jaime

Thank you. ^_^

It's a pretty nice kit, but the wings are a little big where they meet the fuselage and there are some gaps which I mentioned in a previous post to you, and the smaller part of the gear bay cover don't actually attach to anything on the wings so holding them in place while the glue dries is a little fiddly. There are various other little things, and I'm not sure about the accuracy but it's pretty detailed (especially so with the decals). As I said before, the decals are nice to work with, they come off the sheet pretty quickly and don't tear or break easily. I'm not sure how it reacts to other decal solutions other than Decalfix, though.

I'd recommend the kit.

I hope your build goes well. ^_^

Thanks a lot for the information. It will be very useful when I build this kit. I'm not sure when will be able to build it because right now I'm finishing a Spit XIV, I'm building three British Phantoms for the Phantom GB and a Fokker triplane... And will be participating in the Battle of Britain GB with three kits... Too much work, probably... Let's see if I can manage all this....

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1