Fairey Firefly

maudesman

Hello All...

Question.... In last months SAM... Im sure i saw a advert of a coming publication, of a scale down datafile on the Fairey Firefly..... I keep looking om SAM site, but nothing on there about it! Does anybody, know more on this subject. Or is it like last time, a full book that never appeared?

Thanks

Mark :-)

SAM sent me an e-mail yesterday advertising this book. It is in the scaled down series, and costs £9.99 with free postage if you order it by 1 July. I would have thought that it would be on their website by now.

HTH

John

It was to have released a couple of years ago but was axed,.......I`m presuming that it is the same book which I helped with that has now been released in a shorter format?

Cheers

Tony

I think at one time, Paul Bradley was working on a Firefly book for SAM(I). Paul, let me know if I'm mistaken; is this your book? If it is, I'll buy it, if it isn't, to be honest I'll probably still buy it.

Regards,

Jason

Hi guys,

Yes, this is my book! It will now be appearing as part of the MDF Scaled Down series; there's less modelling content than the full-length MDFs, and there are no scale plans, but the rest of the content is similar, including excellent full-colour profiles by Srecko Bradic.

I haven't been told what the actual release date is, but hopefully by E-Day as David mentions. Pre-orders are now being accepted. Support your local authors! ;-)

• Like 2

Paul, Now this is a Dumb Question ! Is this the same book I supplied the photos and info on the FR1's on HMS Triumph in Korea which didn't get published ? I must be getting old as I lose track of these things !! ha ha !

Cheers

Clive

Hiy0a Paul,

Same as Clive really (Hiya Clive!) will any of the modelling stuff and photos that I contributed to your original book be used?

Cheers

Tony

Well, Paul, I just pre-ordered mine (I think; I got some sort of error message when I tried to pay - something about the price - at this point 0.00, being outside the proper range). At any rate, if this doesn't work I will definitely order it when the time comes.

Best Regards,

Jason

I see that my order has now been changed to completed. I now await it with anticipation so I can start doing something about all those Firefly variants I've collected over the years.

Regards,

Jason

• 2 weeks later...