1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 by AZmodel - released - new boxing

Homebee

After the Fw.190D-11 and D-13 ( http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234962374-172-focke-wulf-fw190d-11-d-13-by-az-model-released/)AZmodel has just released a 1/72nd Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 kit.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/AZmodel/478579078833373?sk=photos_stream

- ref.7499 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 Special Marking

Source: http://www.azmodel.cz/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=762

AZ7499_box.jpg

AZ7499_camo.jpg

- ref.7500 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 JG.2

Source: http://www.azmodel.cz/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=763

AZ7500_box.jpg

AZ7500_camo.jpg

V.P

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Regarding the camouflage colours: I'm pretty sure my references have the dark wing undersurface colour as RLM 75 (not 74) and wouldn't Sky be a better approximation of the green-grey than Desert Tan?

Otherwise, I'm eager to get hold of one!

Can we get a review of the kit sometime please?

Duncan B

Sorry, but no.

Not relased. Yet.

New AZ/KP kits:

KP-Kovozávody Prostějov

KPM0035 La-5FN Soviet Aces

KPM0038 La-5FN Over Czech Teritory

KPM0030 La-5FN Czech

KPM0050 Mig-23MF

KPM0052 Avia C-10(S-99)

KPEX004 P-51B/C PE

AZmodel

AZ7499 FW-190D-9 Special marking

AZ7500 FW-190D-9 JG.2

AZ7501 Bf 109G-10(Diana) JG.52

AZ7502 Bf 109G-10(WNF)

AZ7503 Bf 109G-10(Diana) Special marking

are prepared to release @ Model Brno - 19-20.06.2015

• Like 2

Alright, now that will do it!

Lots of times I see these announcements for a "new" model kit being released but it's of a type that has been repeatedly done to death by other manufacturers. Which leads me to wondering why bother? So I always want to know what, exactly, separates the new kit from its competitors? And most new kit write ups do not give that sort of information. Which doesn't inspire my opening my wallet to purchase them.

Knowing things like: "this one gets that particular / peculiar curvature around the nose intake right where even Tamiya gets it wrong" or "this kit utilizes slide moulding technology to greatly simplify the construction where its competitors require multiple and difficult to align individual parts" or - as appears to be the case here - "the level of internal detail is vastly superior to all previous renderings" is what makes the difference for me.

Thank you for making that clear in this announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd probably prefer to just buy the resin wheel bay as the rest of the kit doesn't look like an improvement on what is already available IMHO (the plastic looks a bit like more like a limited run kit than a main stream one). I guess I should actually wait until I've seen the real thing before making rash statements but from those photos it doesn't make me want to rush off and pre order one now, I'll stick with the Dora's already in my stash for just now.

Duncan B

• 2 months later...

I'd probably prefer to just buy the resin wheel bay as the rest of the kit doesn't look like an improvement on what is already available IMHO (the plastic looks a bit like more like a limited run kit than a main stream one). I guess I should actually wait until I've seen the real thing before making rash statements but from those photos it doesn't make me want to rush off and pre order one now, I'll stick with the Dora's already in my stash for just now.

Duncan B

Probably a wise decision, Duncan.

The resin wheel bays are almost impossible to fit into the wings as I've learned the hard way:

I grinded down the inner surfaces, as per instructions, until they turned almost paper-thin.

Still, there was about 1,5 - 2mm overhang, and the wings would not close.

I started grinding down the resin inlays as well until the almost broke.

Again, the wings would close with a lot of pressure only.

I had the stupid idea of clamping everything together - but forgot about that I had thinned the wings down so much.

Result: the clamp went straight through each upper wing, damaging the parts beyond repair.

I don't mean to put AZ Model down, maybe it's been just my clumsiness, but I wouldn't buy another one except for the nice decal sheets.

Edited by Roman Schilhart

Probably a wise decision, Duncan.

The resin wheel bays are almost impossible to fit into the wings as I've learned the hard way:

I grinded down the inner surfaces, as per instructions, until they turned almost paper-thin.

Still, there was about 1,5 - 2mm overhang, and the wings would not close.

I started grinding down the resin inlays as well until the almost broke.

Again, the wings would close with a lot of pressure only.

I had the stupid idea of clamping everything together - but forgot about that I had thinned the wings down so much.

Result: the clamp went straight through each upper wing, damaging the parts beyond repair.

I don't mean to put AZ Model down, maybe it's been just my clumsiness, but I wouldn't buy another one except for the nice decal sheets.

That is a shame Roman, sounds like a mismatch between the plastic parts and the resin. I'll stick to my Tamiya Dora's for now.

Duncan B