Wittman's First Tiger.

In Dragon's latest issue of the Tiger 1 you get a set of figures based on wartime photographs of Michael Wittman and his crew taken in Russia.

The Tiger itself is made up, as with nearly all of Dragon's armour kits, by multiple sprues, some with the same identifying letter, bearing numerous parts, many duplicates, which if you can manage to de-cypher the infuriatingly confusing instructions, into an impressive kit of the Tiger.

I replaced the kit's tracks with as et of metal ones from Friul, and used a mixture of enamels and acrylics to paint the tank.

The figures were painted with enamels.

100_4791.jpg

post a picture

100_4792.jpg

screen shots

100_4793.jpg

free image host

100_4794.jpg

temporary image hosting

100_4797.jpg

pic upload

100_4802.jpg

image hosting more than 5mb

Tiger_aces.jpg

adult image sharing

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 21

Great Tiger. I like the crew lined up for a photo to be taken.

• Like 1

I have this in my stash, though I don't think I'll do it the same justice that you have here. Great job.

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone :)

I tried a different type of weathering for the temporary snow camouflage.

I painted the original scheme using Tamiya acrylics, then sealed it with a cote of Klear.

For the "white wash" I used heavily thinned Humbrol enamel white applied with an airbrush at low pressure, building it

up for the desired effect.

Once dried, I used a stiff brush damp with white spirits to scrub the enamel back to get the worn effect.

I seemed to work ok, only lifting a few parts of the original scheme, which I then incorporated into the chipped effect.