Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17F 'Fresco-C'

Hi All,

Following my recent Trumpeter MiG-15UTI, here is Hobby Boss's 1/48 MiG-17F. The paint is Mr Color silver and I had some trouble getting a nice smooth finish! The full story can be read at www.jonbryon.com/MiG17F.html. Kit decals were used. Additions included Ciro resin wheels, Quickboost resin ventral fin, and Master turned brass pitots and gun barrels. Overall it was a nice build.

Thanks for looking and all comments welcome.

Jon

MiG17F_006.JPG

MiG17F_004.JPG

MiG17F_018.JPG

MiG17F_024.JPG

MiG17F_027.JPG

MiG17F_026.JPG

• Like 23

Wow! I really like this - you have done yourself proud.

I have had a boxed up 1/48 scale Tamiya Mig 15 sitting in the cupboard for years. I seriously think I should do something about it after seeing this.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by KiwiRho
  • Like 1

hi, very nice!

as I just build the PF and the Smer F, I can only congratulate you!

I heard quite a lot of bad things about the hobbyboss -F's nose joint problems! nothing from that is visible on yours!

well done! :goodjob:

the canopy shape looks different than the Tasman/ Smer combination on mine though.... :mental:

• Like 1

Very very subtle weathering - great job. Love that, despite it not being my usual kind of aircraft...

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, especially as many of you are very accomplished modellers!

I heard quite a lot of bad things about the hobbyboss -F's nose joint problems! nothing from that is visible on yours!

I didn't find the nose to be much trouble. The real problem areas are the wing to fuselage joins and the fit of the panel around the nose gear!

Jon

• Like 1