Clangers sneak peek...

Just watched the first episode, and...

...what were they thinking of? It's so unrealistic. I mean, a "big wind" blowing the notes away, where anyone can see from how clear the skies are that there's no atmosphere on the Clangers planet. You'd think that they'd try to get the basics right, at least those old knitted models and cardboard props behaved like real things because they were!. And as for the breakneck pace... kids today have no attention span, obviously, and can't cope with a story that doesn't have an explosion every two minutes. The characterisation was very weak -- all the Clangers seem just the same, so they've had to sew initials on the front of their costumes. They don't respect the proper sets, either -- I mean, Mother Clanger has a garden now? What??? There a baby Soup Dragon now, what's all that about? I can't even tell what they're saying any more -- how's a child supposed to understand when this adult doesn't? And as for Michael Palin -- why did they think they needed a Monty Python voiceover?

I dunno. Anyone would think it had been made just for children. Still, I shall watch all the rest and vent my spleen after every episode.

Hah.

bestest,

M.

Ooh you are naughty.

Hi everyone.this is only my second post.

yes the clangers are back.my twin girls love it.they were up early this morning to watch it on the I pad.i agree it's not the same.but I love iron chicken and soup dragon.

I've just caught up with episodes two and three and it just gets better! Forget the new Thunderbirds, I want a kit of Small Clanger's sky-boat thingie. With aftermarket knitted Small Clanger, of course!

(As an aside, is that music it seems to play as it goes along the Sky-boat song?) :coat:

I can't wait for the vertical lake (as seen here http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/watch/clangers-meet-the-clangers) to show up. I'm hopeful that Jack O'Neill and the Stargate SG-1 team will come out of it!