Airfix 1/72 Hurricane - 43 Sqn

Good Evening,

Seem to have been on a bit of a roll at the moment, and have finished a couple of Battle of Britain subjects, my normal builds being fast jets. Airfix new release 1/72 kits are simply beautiful, and after completing a Spit Mk.1 that had languished on the shelf for 5 years, I realised I hadn't ever built a Hurricane to a reasonable standard so thought I'd give there Mk.1 a go. Here's the finished article, the first couple of pics were taken before I'd added the antenna wire. Decals are Xtradecal.

image_zpsulwtpkkf.jpg

image_zpsdsrhpmzb.jpg

image_zpsup7nr9u9.jpg

image_zpssgdcvdnv.jpg

Thanks for taking a peek, all feedback good or bad most welcome,

Eng

• Like 29

I'm no expert but I know a nice model when I see one, and that is a very nice model :)

Thats a lovely Hurri there eng and I have had my eye on this scheme myself for some time now,......don`t the early 43 Sqn codes and B Type roundels really suit the rag wing variant! You`ve pulled off the look just right in my eyes so well done indeed,.....lovely job!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Evening,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words and compliments you've all left, didn't expect to get that much interest to be honest.

Kit was a joy to build and I'd certainly recommend it, only thing I'd do next time is cut out and fit clear wing tip nav lights. Plenty nice decals about just now too, the Xtradecal sheets are lovely.

Thanks again folks,

Rgds,

Eng