1:72 Revell Tornado GR.1

Right here goes, I'm not one for building jets but in memory of Merv I thought I go with a GR.1 from RAF Bruggen

P1010021_zpsp2wqacty.jpg

Tub done

P1010024_zps8utgz8pg.jpg

P1010025_zpslhaomnnp.jpg

Nose section buttoned up with a goodly amount of led shot in the nose

P1010027_zpsbnums8y8.jpg

Wings done and started on the fuselage section, not going with Revell's swivelling stores pylons and may well dump vavable elevators as well

P1010028_zps4g5mgh30.jpg

Gong together quite fast, guess I could get the building done tomorrow but off to an Airshow at Old Warden.

• Like 6

Hi Tim,

No as they come in about 5 pieces from the supplied sheet. I did need to use some Tamiya X20a thinner to soften them and make them conform as Microsol was having no effect.

Now there's a useful tip.
  • Like 2

Hi Tim,

No as they come in about 5 pieces from the supplied sheet. I did need to use some Tamiya X20a thinner to soften them and make them conform as Microsol was having no effect.

Now you see why I like this hobby. You're never too old to learn and can always pick tips up from " The Modelling Youf ". So is this brushed over the decal or is the decal softened in the thinner before it is applied Mish, this could be useful on my Luftwaffe Tornado.

• Like 3

Now you see why I like this hobby. You're never too old to learn and can always pick tips up from " The Modelling Youf ". So is this brushed over the decal or is the decal softened in the thinner before it is applied Mish, this could be useful on my Luftwaffe Tornado.

The Modelling Youf? That's kind you you, I'm only five years younger than you :clif::D

A small amount on a brush applied very carefully to the decal ones it's in place. Poor Modellers Solverset :)

• Like 4

The Modelling Youf? That's kind you you, I'm only five years younger than you :clif::D

A small amount on a brush applied very carefully to the decal ones it's in place. Poor Modellers Solverset :)

Now you see Mish, I am of the generation that was told that it was rude to ask a lady how old she is. We had a secretary in the department that I worked in who was 32 right up until the day she retired. :D

Thanks for the tip I'll give it a whirl.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...