1/144 Revell GR1 Gulf war Tonka with JP233 FINISHED 21/06 New Pics

Little photo update.

Yesterday started like this,

IMG_1048_zps9weq8osc.jpg

And today,

well she's almost done, so instead may i present Wg Cdr Badminton-Squash RAF.

IMG_1142_zpsw5vo3adk.jpg

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 4

Looking good mate. Must say WingCo 'Badders' Badminton-Squash looks to be a stereotypical RAF character.

Cheers John. One of the retro wings pilots.

I have his Egg Harrier almost built ready for its day on the bench. Waiting In the wings you could say!

• Like 2

Well thats one more off the bench.
Tornado GR1 ZA465 FK Gulf War 1991.IMG_1148_zpscs7gytdw.jpgIMG_1147_zpsswzqlw0n.jpgIMG_1146_zps2rop9icj.jpgIMG_1145_zpsbey0sofa.jpgIMG_1144_zpssf0ra5ms.jpgIMG_1143_zps7pv6bju3.jpg

All brush painted with Humbrol enamels & weathered with Flory wash & Mig pigments.

IMG_1150_zpspyiwbpn8.jpgIMG_1149_zpsloqyoqc8.jpg

Comments welcomed.

RIP Merv

• Like 5

Cookie, John, thanks for the kind comments. Means allot when I see the quality & detail of your builds.

As for the weathering, at some unknown point I managed to weather my shorts too!

• Like 3

Cookie, John, thanks for the kind comments. Means allot when I see the quality & detail of your builds.

As for the weathering, at some unknown point I managed to weather my shorts too!

Know what you mean about the weathering, I had my first go with some Humbrol weathering powders on my JS-2 build for the Acthung Panzer GB. Whilst I got what I wanted on the model there was a lot more around the modelling area, I think that for me it is a case of 'needs more practice' - a lot more. :lol:

• Like 2

Wow that really is good, and I like the fact that you left off the weapons tally from the nose area, as JP233s were some of the earliest weapons carried in the conflict and to 1/144th to boot. Well done.

• Like 1

Cheers guys for your comments.

I believe FK carried out two JP missions. the plan all along was to build it early in the conflict but with enough dirt, dust & chipping so as not to be paint shop fresh.

That's a great finish, memories of the actual jets come back! What's your technique for chipping?

I plan a 1/48 in Granby scheme....was it Hum desert pink HUM250 I think?

Amazing as it's also a 1/144!

• Like 1

Thanks Tim.

I used Humbrol 250 desert pink. For the chipping I used Humbrol 164, rubbed most off on a paper towel then dry brushed on the higher wear areas. Most of the scuffing over the intake & cockpit is Mig pigments black smoke

• Like 1