1/48 Revell Tornado GR1 **FINISHED**

Ha, yes still to finish the pit! Realised after looking at the photos I've put the wing tip nav lights on the wrong sides as the kit was upside down!

ILS antennas missing?

Still to do all the antennas, hopefully get them done tonight. It was the wing tip nav lights on the wrong sides.

• Like 1

Very inspiring WIP... I need to start mine soon.

Question: Are you sure about the serial number on the lower tailplane? I thought one should be the other way around.

G

I don't think that the Ser Nos were actually fitted to many aircraft after the prototypes and initial batch. I have tried to find pictures, but they are few that show the underside, and the ones that doe do not have Ser Nos on the tailplanes.

• Like 1

Very inspiring WIP... I need to start mine soon.

Question: Are you sure about the serial number on the lower tailplane? I thought one should be the other way around.

G

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I checked a few photos and you're quite correct, checked the placement instructions for the decals and there quite correct too so I can't even blame them. I totally missed that, can't do anything about it now though. Thanks for the info.

Muzz

Agree with guillaume320, it doesn't make much difference! I had mentioned it in my post above, but deleted it before posting as I couldn't find any proof. But just to confirm here's a pic i found while working on the Brimstones in 1/32:

tn_tornado%2Bbrimstone.jpg

© Cobham Mission Equipment

Included here for info rather than any critique.

Al

• Like 1

Very nice finish, great build and a great job on the green/gray camo.

Just a small detail, you have come back one panel line to far with the nose cone black paint (I must stop rivet counting!)

Very impressed with this build.

Shaun.