On this my second set of builds for the GB, I plan to use the Revell 1/144th kit for examples from Luftwaffe, Italian Airforce and RSAF. As the kits are basically the same I intend to include them as a single topic. If the mods would like me to split the builds then please let me know.

The Luftwaffe example is an ECR in the 2011 Tiger Scheme and will be made out of the box

CIMG3264_zpsrprbsskm.jpg

For the Italian IDS - ECR I am going to use this kit

CIMG3263_zps9fwoih6l.jpg

and for the RSAF IDS I am using a GR1 kit.

CIMG3262_zpskajqli5u.jpg

For the Italian and RSAF aircraft I am going to use decals from the excellent MARK1 book

CIMG3265_zpsmdxxvzfy.jpg

CIMG3266_zpsvcghi8ez.jpg

CIMG3267_zpskoivr5km.jpg

• Like 5

Excellent selection! Those MarkOne decals are great! They improved my collection of teeny Tonkas amazingly! Good luck with the

Saudi kite, that camo is very subtle. I had to abandon mine, whatever I did it looked like a toy (where the others I did, didn't) . . .

• Like 1

Do you decals for all the Tonkas in the book John or only some?

There a 12 aircraft covered in the book 4 RAF, 3 Luftwaffe + 1 Marineflieger, 3 Italian Air Force and 1 RSAF. The national markings and relevant squadron markings are included, there is also a limited amount of warning markings. It also includes 4 views and photographs of the aircraft that are covered as well as some general walkround shots.

There is an interesting 50th anniversary scheme that was carried by a Luftwaffe IDS of the Defence Material Test and Evaluation Unit which I wouldn't mind having a go at sometime in the future.

I've included a link Tornado IDS DMTEU

I probably won't use them all so if there is a set on the remainder of the sheet that you might be interested in let me know and I can let you have it.

• Like 1

It was the Orange badger that caught my eye too John. I shall have to find one of those books. Quite fancy an airforce of Tonkas.

Listen bud, your quite welcome to that scheme if you would like it. There are more than enough options on that sheet to satisfy the kits that I have and I have the Xtradecal sheet to go at as well.

• Like 1

You probably know this already, but the Revell instructions say fit the intakes after joining front & rear fuse's together. After trying this I would suggest & be doing on my next one is fit the intakes to the forward fuse then join to the rear. Allot less fiddly!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a mini progress update. The Saudi IDS has had the cockpit tub and instrument panels painted, I have to paint and detail the seats, add the decals and then I can button the fuselage halves up and join the front and rear sections. The ECR's have had the gun ports filled the Luftwaffe version having been sanded to shape, the Italian aircraft has yet to be sanded. The tubs and seats for these two also have to be painted. I am trying to keep the construction of these at a similar stage as much as I can up to the main painting and decalling stage. Photo's of the work carried out to fill the gun ports on the ECR nose sections follow.

First job was to carefully remove the barrel.

CIMG3313_zpsdlglwhft.jpg

Then plug the the port with a small piece of plastic rod.

CIMG3314_zps3sqr4jnb.jpg

Followed by some careful sanding to shape taking care not to remove the tiny AOA probe located just above this area.

CIMG3315_zpsfkt1fhad.jpg

• Like 5

A little bit of work done to these too. The Saudi IDS fuselage has been buttoned up and I am now adding a little detail to the instrument panels of the other two to try and break up what would be a flat looking area.

Cockpit of Saudi version

CIMG3322_zpsed04ey2c.jpg

Extra detail added to the IP's for the other two aircraft.

CIMG3325_zpssmz3imkm.jpg

CIMG3326_zpsibwxiu02.jpg

Alongside the F.3

CIMG3324_zpsn05riokg.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got the fuselages of the other two aircraft together, it's amazing how quick things go together when you have done it three times maybe there is something in Enzo's multi-build technique. Once I've built another three I should have the assembly off pat. I had a bit of an issue closing the nose halves of the second kit after I had put too much Liquid Gravity in so there will be a bit more seam clean up to do on that model. A bit of paint touch up to the cockpits and then I can close them up.

CIMG3355_zpsbrjufzwd.jpg

CIMG3356_zpszuojn2uo.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good! The Dragon? F3 looks a heck of a lot like the Hasegawa 1/72 kit, even has the fin tip!

The Dragon F.3 is quite nice little kit although the panel and rivet detail is a bit heavy for this scale. I had to do a bit of work on the leading edge of the fin tip because it looked to square.

Great work!

Thanks Sir T.

I've made a start on adding the Secondary Heat Exchanger intakes to these. This detail on the Saudi IDS has been finished whilst that on the two ECR's have been roughed out and need further refinement.

CIMG3382_zpsgbzddyy5.jpg

CIMG3384_zpsg43zghab.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of progress to report, just a little more detail work to the underside of the ECR's. I have added the FLIR pod, which is absent in the kit, by using some square section stock cut and sanded to shape on both the Luftwaffe and Italian versions.

Luftwaffe ECR

CIMG3392_zpsakrrrdbq.jpg

CIMG3395_zpsuec4lar8.jpg

Italian ECR

CIMG3394_zpssupdbhza.jpg

CIMG3393_zpshy2aigbs.jpg

Whilst looking through some stuff earlier today I came across these, so I will be adding one of these to the Saudi IDS.

CIMG3396_zpsdxrnggvr.jpg

• Like 2