Walking Dead or The Zombies R Coming

Update 26 July

Nearing the finishing post on this project, just a few items to do some rusting to do on the staircase and additional zombie figures, but as I have send in a previous post that this project will take sometime to finish as I will be adding Zombies to it as time goes by.

Here are the latest pics...

July%2026%20Wall.jpg

Started rusting the Staircase with rust streaks on the wall.

Roof rack installed with stowage tied down.

July%2026%20Alley%201.jpg

Pickup has a bit more weathering to do so 90% finished...

July%2026%20Pick1.jpg

July%2026%20Pick2.jpg

Weathered the road...

July%2026%20Bike%20Street.jpg

Base finished so have removed the protective tape from the wood surround...

July%2026%20Dio.jpg

Will produce more images soon as well as a video of the finished project, watch this space...

Regards

Richard

• Like 4

Very nice. This is looking very good indeed, restrained yet scary if that makes sense. A video? That's something that I would have thought about including in a WIP, looking forward to seeing it

Update 1st Aug.

A few things done since last update.

Fixed "Doreen" to the base, along with her Scooter..

Aug1%20Scooter1.jpg

Aug1%20Scooter2.jpg

Added shattered glass outside the shop.

Aug1%20Street2.jpg

Finished the pickup and fixed to base..

Aug1%20Pick1.jpg

Aug1%20Pick2.jpg

The vehicle won't be right without a covering of blood, driving through the hoards of Zombies is bound to leave a mark.

Added some disused Jerry cans under the stairs.

Aug1%20Jerry.jpg

Here is the (not quite) finished diorama. Have two more figures to add.

Aug1%20Dio.jpg

I will be taking it, in its present state, to the IPMS Avon model show next Sunday 9th Aug.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 2

excellent work.

i can certainly see the influence from my scene but then that's understandable as we were working with similar kits.

however, what is obvious on yours is your much higher standard of detail painting and weathering. very nice.

there is so much scope for future additions to this scene... the woman with baby stuck up the stairs with the girl with the gun covering her father who is busy bashing two zombies in with a spade for example !!!

has been a real pleasure to watch this coming together :coolio:

excellent work.

i can certainly see the influence from my scene but then that's understandable as we were working with similar kits.

however, what is obvious on yours is your much higher standard of detail painting and weathering. very nice.

there is so much scope for future additions to this scene... the woman with baby stuck up the stairs with the girl with the gun covering her father who is busy bashing two zombies in with a spade for example !!!

has been a real pleasure to watch this coming together :coolio:

Hi,

If it wasn't for your excellent diorama I wouldn't have even thought about doing anything like this, so many thanks to you for your model.

Thank you for your kind comments ref my humble effects.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Update: 2 Aug

One small addition for today, I decide to add a door on the landing of the staircase..

Scratch build using odds and ends from scrap box...

Aug%202%20Stair%20Door1.jpg

Aug%202%20Stair%20Door2.jpg

How it will look on the diorama..

Aug%202%20Stair%20Door3.jpg

Aug%202%20Stair%20Door4.jpg

Waiting on two new purchases to arrive..

Woman with child, she will go on the landing by the door..

Aug%202%20Linda.jpg

And another Zombie, she will go on the road heading for the woman on the bike..

Aug%202%20Zombie.jpg

(The picture above is taken from the Not Yet Dead website, it is not my rendition of the figure)

Thats it for this weekend, more soon.

All the best.

Richard

• Like 1

:analintruder: wouldn't it make for a more tragic scene if the baby the woman is holding had a visible bite mark on its leg !!!!!????? :yikes:

I could see that working, good idea, I will have to think about that.

Cheers

Richard

Awesome dio..... Just spent a very pleasant 20 mins going through the whole build.

Sean,

Thanks for stopping by, glad you like it.

Its been a real treat making it, still have a few things to do, more Zombies (you can never have enough of the undead) and a few little extras.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 1

Update: 3rd Aug

Just finished the gate to go on the staircase...

Aug%203%20Gate1.jpg

Aug%203%20Gate2.jpg

Aug%203%20Gate3.jpg

Added some razor wire, helps keeps those unwanted guests at bay.

Here it is installed on stairs....

Aug%203%20Gate%20Fin1.jpg

Aug%203%20Gate%20Fin2.jpg

You can see the chain and bolt in this image.

And final shot of the whole staircase...

Aug%203%20Wall1.jpgAug%203%20Wall2.jpg

Cheers

Richard

• Like 4

Update: 5th Aug

nearing the end on this diorama, waiting for two key figures to arrive from Germany, once these are painted and placed on the diorama I think that will be it for this model.

But until that happens here are the latest additions...

Rubbish sacks and broken boxes, resin pieces from Accurate Armour...

Aug%205%20Rub%201.jpg

Aug%205%20Rub%202.jpg

Aug%205%20Rub%203.jpg

I shall put them on the base tonight, if I have time I will post images.

Cheers

Richard

Update: 5 Aug Part 2

Right, put the rubbish sacks and boxes on the base, and here are the pics, plus some more pics of the nearly finished diorama...

Aug%205%20Alley%201.jpg

Aug%205%20Alley%202.jpg

Aug%205%20Alley%203.jpg

Aug%205%20Alley%204.jpgAug%205%20Dio%201.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%202.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%203.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%204.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%205.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%20High%201.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%20High%202.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%20High%203.jpg

Aug%205%20Dio%20High%204.jpg

Aug%205%20Female%201.jpg

Once again thanks for looking.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 4

what do you use for the weeds Richard. are these ready made "tufts" or do you have a certain way of doing them ????

Hi,

They are from various sources, pre-made on a sheet of sticky plastic which you then peel off.

Sources are:

Model Scene

Army Painter

There are others, I will have a look tonight and edit this post with a complete list of vegetation.

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Update: 6th Aug

Parcel arrived at work today, two new figures, nice surprise as the last lot took two weeks to arrive, these took under a week.

Aug%206%20Figures.jpg

The post card comes with the figures, nice touch.

Woman with Baby..

Aug%206%20Linda.jpg

Zombie...

Aug%206%20Zombie.jpg

Lighting at work not very good for taking photos, but wanted to share the new purchases.

Will make a start on these tonight, clean up, wash and prime ready for painting Friday and Saturday, will concentrate on Woman with Baby as she will finish the scene in the alleyway and be ready for Avon this Sunday. If I can, I will get the Zombie done as well.

Cheers

Richard

• Like 1

thanks for the info on the weeds Richard. this is genuinely making me want to have a go at the other scene i was thinking of when i did mine.... the zombie child shoot scene.

i think some of these not jet dead figures would work really well in a simple diorama. think back to the girl at the gas station in the very first episode of the walking dead, or even the Sofia scene in the second series.

the scene could be called "call off the search", a direct take from a Katie Melua album but with a twisted meaning !!!

thanks for the info on the weeds Richard. this is genuinely making me want to have a go at the other scene i was thinking of when i did mine.... the zombie child shoot scene.

i think some of these not jet dead figures would work really well in a simple diorama. think back to the girl at the gas station in the very first episode of the walking dead, or even the Sofia scene in the second series.

the scene could be called "call off the search", a direct take from a Katie Melua album but with a twisted meaning !!!

Sounds like a plan, look forward to seeing this evolve.

Will you do the figure as a zombie or just use the idea of the gas station as the backdrop to the dio?

Richard

well i thought the teenage zombie with the severed head in the group pack would make for a good lost child, the woman with baby would make a good mother figure and there are a few options for a father figure or possibly go with the young girl with the gun !!! taking it from there you could either go with one of the farm building base sets or maybe one of the street scenes, a vehicle would be good but there are so few non military ones that it would probably be the pick-up again, but in a very standard "family" paint job. it could be a simple figure scene but i would like to see some idea that they have been searching for the child so thats where the vehicle would come in.

just ideas at the moment, its all down to when funds allow !!!

well i thought the teenage zombie with the severed head in the group pack would make for a good lost child, the woman with baby would make a good mother figure and there are a few options for a father figure or possibly go with the young girl with the gun !!! taking it from there you could either go with one of the farm building base sets or maybe one of the street scenes, a vehicle would be good but there are so few non military ones that it would probably be the pick-up again, but in a very standard "family" paint job. it could be a simple figure scene but i would like to see some idea that they have been searching for the child so thats where the vehicle would come in.

just ideas at the moment, its all down to when funds allow !!!

I do like the sound of that. :coolio::Tasty:

I have already ordered another set of MasterBox Zombieland figures, one or two will go on the diorama, and I have an idea for a smaller zombie diorama, but that's very much in the thinking stage.

My next project after this will be a Model T Ford being restored or another rusted VW Camper Van.

Richard

FINAL UPDATE!

Yes, here it is the final update. Finished the new purchases today, Zombie and Woman with baby.

Placed on diorama, and the story is complete...

Aug%207%20Alley%201.jpg

Aug%207%20Alley%203.jpg

Aug%207%20Zombie%201.jpg

Aug%207%20Zombie%202.jpg

And how it looks...

Aug%207%20Dio.jpg

A couple turned up in a deserted town to see if there is anything worth taking as their supplies are low. Seeing the jerry cans they stop to see if there is any fuel, when suddenly they are surrounded by Zombies who have come out of the shop.

The mother with her baby escapes up the stairs but her way is blocked by a locked gate. Her husband tries to protect his family with a spade, when two guardian angels appear, one on a scooter carrying a cricket bat and a dust bin lib, the other on a motorbike armed with a pistol, their timely arrival safes the day... or does it?

Well thats it for this build, I will take better pics tomorrow and post in "Ready for Inspection" section.

Thanks to everyone who have viewed this and for the comments.

On with the next project...

Cheers

Richard

• Like 2

very nice.... perfect :coolio:

Cheers Anorak73, and and thanks for your original post that got me started on this.

Richard

This is really turned out great, I like the story line

Cheers Kev67.

I wil post final pics in "Ready for Inspection" soon.

Richard