Ilyushin Il-28 1/48 HpH

I had published some pics in a WIP report here, now it's ready.

For sure the most complicated model I've ever build. The result is quite ok for me, nevertheless I had to make some compromises - most of them due to my limited abilities and/or the IMHO very bad instruction.

On the other hand it looks like a Il-28 - and I'm ready before Xuntong's will come (for MUCH less money, I guess...)

I saw the original flying in the 80s, belongs to East Germany's ZDS-33 on Peenemuende AB as a target tug.

Will I buy a Xuntong one? Hmmm, a Il-28R would not be bad...

DSC_0052_zpsdkjn1de0.jpg

DSC_0053_zpsqhsx8u8e.jpg

DSC_0054_zpsha37a3in.jpg

DSC_0056_zpskeoknwyt.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsm7hpmait.jpg

DSC_0058_zps9xxlyvvq.jpg

DSC_0060_zpsgazofunq.jpg

DSC_0061_zps8kyirtza.jpg

DSC_0063_zpsmhtozv9i.jpg

• Like 9

Very nice ! You've done a nice job. Makes me want to start mine before the injected kit get released. Did you have to add any nose weight?

-Dale-

You did an amazing job I think! I was tempted to get this model recently, although it does look like there is a lot of work involved in building it. More than likely I'd say I'll get the Xuntong version when it comes out.

Love this kit and your build does it great justice. The interior is fantastic, and you have displayed it for optimum viewing. I am doing mine in bare metal, can't get up the motivation yet...

:partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime:: :partytime: : :partytime: :

:partytime::

very nice! time to take out mine it seems... but you are right, a recce version would be nice! maybe the hph one will be convertable with Xuntong Il-28R parts??

did you find any (apart from general complexity) issues with the nacelles? are they handed?

what did you do with the bomb bay?

thanks and i am waiting for you next marvel!

Edited by exdraken

there is a problem with the nacelles indeed: there is no right and left but two identical. This is not a big issue and can be solved with some putty (the reflectors must be scratched anyway). But it's strange for such a pricey kit.

here is the bomb bay (during build): As a target tug of course no bombs. I didn't install the camera as well, according to some former technicians I've asked it was removed in this plane.

DSC_0413_zps2fb39b7f.jpg

Edited by Floggerman
  • Like 1