Polikarpov I-15 "Chato" - ICM 1/72

Hi........here you are:

a) Question: Wich kit is it...??? ICM 1/72???????? Looks so nice...!!!!

B) Criticism: Why isn't it in my cabinet...????

Congrats.....very good looking "Curtiss"......that's how the nationalist side called those planes back then. They didn't have any good info back during those days, I'm afraid....

Cheers....

Edited by Artie

Beautiful Chato! I have one built up (the old Aviation USK kit - actually a nice little kit), and this kit which I haven't built yet. It is a charming little aeroplane and you did a great job on it! Nice camouflage colours - what did you use?

Regards,

Jason

WooOOOoohoo beautiful. Details stand out without being exaggerated, and the weathering is realistic and restrained.

Much as I know that the Chaikas were effective warplanes, I can't help thinking how cuddly they look... like a pug dog.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Beautiful Chato! I have one built up (the old Aviation USK kit - actually a nice little kit), and this kit which I haven't built yet. It is a charming little aeroplane and you did a great job on it! Nice camouflage colours - what did you use?

Regards,

Jason

Green is a mix of XF-62, XF-4 and XF-71, roughly 60:30:10 (I didn't measure anything though).

Blue is XF-23. Interestingly, I expected it will be too pale and greyish (and I found advice on the internet mixing it with more blue), but on the model it looks just right as it is (IMO).

Red is red, black is black :)

WooOOOoohoo beautiful. Details stand out without being exaggerated, and the weathering is realistic and restrained.

Much as I know that the Chaikas were effective warplanes, I can't help thinking how cuddly they look... like a pug dog.

Thank you!

Chatos. Chaikas (I-153) were noticeably different - engines, retractable gear. Yeah but they are all cuddly. The front face reminds me of some old alarm clock :)

498865,1317651302,1.jpg

Btw term "chato" seems to have funny side meanings:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chato

For some reason or other, I can't see an image here.

Chris

Weird. Does anyone else has a same problem? Please let me know.