Here is my attempt at building a model of the wonderful Sally-B. The WIP can be found here.

My aim was to take photo of the model using the same focal length that the following picture was taken with & then to photoshop the model onto this picture.

IMG_3051_zpsdfug9zes.jpg

here is the model sat on a table with a fan heater blowing the props....

IMG_1845_zpsphgfckjn.jpg

And here is the final image hacked about using paintshop pro:

combo_zpsrear6bgj.jpg

And just for good measure, here are a few pics of the finished model. Most of the detail is on the inside & can be seen in the WIP.

No clever tricks to hide the blemishes...

20150603_190712_zps8jqacydw.jpg20150603_190544_zps2ivo6yoa.jpg

20150603_190517_zpszc89h3ac.jpg

20150603_190325_zpsxretvtgn.jpg20150603_190416_zpsae1e6rfq.jpg

20150603_190603_zpshgfqa0qw.jpg

I know she's a mess in places, but she'll look just fine hanging from the ceiling of my 'office'.

thanks for looking

• Like 19

I think you should be really happy with that Andy - a great WiP and a great result - good job!

That picture is spot on IMHO.

And thanks for all the tips! :D

Very nice job. Saw this old beauty flying at the Cosford show a couple of years ago, thanks for triggering happy memories of a really good day out!

Nice build, good idea using the fan blower to turn the props. Probably wouldn't work on some of my models as the prop doesn't turn very easily.

I took that pic before the props had been glued on - that way they spun on the pegs very freely. Of course, they did pop off of the pegs at regular intervals too.

• Like 1

I like your photo tric - for a while you cought me - I thought -"why he is doubling the photo of original B17" - after while I noticed that this is a model :)....

Congratulations!

Jerzy-Wojtek