Finland Air Force Trains with Live Weapons

RAGATIGER

Hi there

Well sometimes the news made me look for new modeling topics and the actual situation around the Russia Federation, Ukraine and the NATO already made me look for some of them

The actual topic title was look first from my facebook and only to notice that I have seen so few actual photos of the Finland Air Force Hornets but when looking for the picture I notice the Sidewinder that was a AIM-9X so double the surprize

http://airheadsfly.com/2015/05/25/arctic-challenge-exercise-2015-kicks-off/

f18cfinnishairforceehlwhn417_dennisspron

A second photos now with a targeting pod

130917-F-DT859-031.JPG

But still a Aim-9X

Best modeling

Armando

PS If someone has some Finish AF F-18 in 1/72 maybe we can settle a trade

Edited by RAGATIGER
  • Like 1

Finland also have: AIM-120, AGM-154 JSOW, GBU-31 2000 lb JDAM, GBU-38 500 lb JDAM. All seen on an official Finish AF / MoD YouTube video. All on F-18.

Seen a pic of a AGM-158 JASSM on a F-18 at an airshow, but that's most likely a mockup or something that they'd like / hope to get one day.

Might try Kinetic 1/72 F-16, or Skunkworks Weapons Sets for the A/G munitions.

Regards,

Gerard

Edited by Gerard

1000 thanks Gerard

Well in any case Finland AF is not seen as much as Canadian AF or rest of the NATO members that operate the Hornet

I been considering for some time now to but a Kinetic F-16 mostly because the weapons set also because Greek F-16 look real nice

Best

Seen a pic of a AGM-158 JASSM on a F-18 at an airshow, but that's most likely a mockup or something that they'd like / hope to get one day.

Regards,

Gerard

We have the JASSM nowadays. Regards, V-P

Thanks! Those planes that have the MLU2 already done are now officially F/A-18 Hornets, not "just" F-18:s anymore. Check Finnish DF website www.mil.fi for pictures and clips from Arctic Challenge Exercise -15. V-P

Edited by vppelt68