This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Model of MiG-31 in 1/72 scale. Built few years ago with Condor kit and PART`s brass for Zvezda. Vacu canopies are self-made. Decals are from Authentic Decals set for MiG-31.

Here you can see how terrible this build was:

http://www.modelarstwo.org.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41476

And now some photos:

pict0001.jpg

pict0037.jpg

pict0003.jpg

pict0011.jpg

pict0005.jpg

pict0022.jpg

pict0034.jpg

pict0019.jpg

Alex-Stela

The tremendous end result using a dreadful base kit is a testament to your modelling skills.

Bravo!

Gary

I was about to post something like 'nice model...' then I clicked on the build log- and wow! That's first class model-wrestling skill!

Saw the real thing 25 years ago at Irkutsk airport as the plane I was on taxied past. No photographic opportunities, however.

I have the Condor kit in the stash, along with some Begemot decals for it. I don't understand Polish at all, but the photos in the link above give me an idea of what'll need to be done.

Sweet work and thanks for the heads-up, alex_stela.

That looks really good! What etch is that please? :)

Lovely build of the Russian beast. Congrats to a great model.

Cheers,

Michael

Really nice Mig there Alex, looks great

Looks great, this is another type I'm considering whether to build. It's partly because I built the Hasegawa MiG-25 a while ago and quite liked how it looked in model form. The MiG-31 is a different plane but still has that kind of profile. Good job with the self-made canopies too.

Very nice and a great finish, the vac canopies make a big difference too. I was converting one into a MiG-31M however now that HobbyBoss have one planned in my preferred 1/48th scale I'll just have to wait and see what it's like before shelving the conversion.

That looks really good! What etch is that please? :)

Radders,

They are produced by PART.......an interior, (S72-148) and exterior (S72-149) set for the Foxhound, also I see that Olimp are to produce an exhaust set for the the Condor/ICM and MAC kits..

s72148.jpg

s72149.jpg

That looks like it's been nothing but trouble to build - a fantastic end result though. The cockpit details are superb.

Adam