SB2C-5, Helldiver, French Aeronavale Esc 3f ,Indochina

Hi Everyone,

Just finished building my attempt at making a French Naval Helldiver from the Revell/Monogram SB2C-4 Kit for my Brother in Law

SAM_7817_zps3bpmktts.jpg

Completed in the markings of an aircraft flown from the Arromanches Aircraft Carrier and was used

SAM_7818_zpskzvk8ikd.jpg

to drop supplies to the besieged French Garrison at Dien Bien Phu, Indochina 1954

SAM_7813_zpseklfgtyk.jpg

Had to make a few mod`s to the kit, mainly; extending the bomb bay and bomb doors, reworking the cockpit to incorporate side consoles

SAM_7803_zpszlpf8ixt.jpg

larger prop` from a Thunderbolt kit and sanding off the canopy frames from the sliding portion.

SAM_7810_zpsiqxdcu9k.jpg

Decals were from and Aeromaster Set 48-358, The Beast Part 2

SAM_7820_zpsoqtjltcp.jpg

Hope you enjoy, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 29

A great looking Beast!

I've just bought some leftover decals from the same Aeromaster set for my old Monogram kit, hope they are a good buy?

Adam

• Like 1

A great looking Beast!

I've just bought some leftover decals from the same Aeromaster set for my old Monogram kit, hope they are a good buy?

Adam

Cheers Adam, Yes they`re a good buy, no trouble at all with them

• Like 1

Lovely build Russ. Those markings look superb. Joe

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your build, you made a stunning model Russ.

I need to seek out one of these kits for my collection.

Zhizhou

• Like 1

Nice one Russ - it's a big b***er isn't it? Nice to see the French markings - I did the Promodeller one in USN - a great kit

• Like 1

Excellent model Russ (in future, always assume I add: as always! That will save me writing it every time!!!).

You seem to have taken all the modifications into account and I am genuinely impressed! I was thinking of doing the same thing to my 1/72 Academy model as I have French decals, but in the end, I think I will pass... This is possibly a bit over my comfort zone and why ruin a perfectly good kit...

Yours is perfect!

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

Another master class of brush painting Russ, your Brother in Law is very lucky to have that as a gift.

I just love the looks of the Helldiver don't ask me why but I just do, there is just something about it.

Tim.

• Like 1

Another master class of brush painting Russ, your Brother in Law is very lucky to have that as a gift.

I just love the looks of the Helldiver don't ask me why but I just do, there is just something about it.

Tim.

Cheers Tim, not quite a gift, he asks me to build for him some times and in exchange I get kits from his stash for myself or other useful bits and pieces.

Glad you like it though, thanks for looking

Cheers to everyone for looking and kind comments; appreciated