The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

Just cancelled my two Camels on order with Hannants and placed an order with Black Mike Models instead, slightly cheaper and  in stock - no brainer really!  The great service and free postage also help though to be fair I have always had good service from Hannants as well.

Having great difficulty in choosing 2 options from the 5 available from the "Clerget" boxing as they are all very attractive schemes, this is defiantly my favourite of the various boxing's.

• Like 2

Hey I didn't even realise that Duncan has Free post on all his Wingnuts until a short while ago when I just had to smash open my piggy bank and buy another one. Now that is an ace bargain.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Hey I didn't even realise that Duncan has Free post on all his Wingnuts until a short while ago when I just had to smash open my piggy bank and buy another one. Now that is an ace bargain.

Yep, all the WnW range is free post AND they are discounted below the RRP.

It has been brought to my attention that the banner counting down to free post at the top of each screen is confusing some folks, my mistake. That is for general sales where free post applies to sales over £100. As stated above all the WnW range is free post whether you spend £100 or not, sorry for the confusion.

Duncan B

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Stashaholic Steve said:

Order placed with "Black Mike" aka Duncan for the "Duelists" Camel boxing this afternoon, and received confirmation within a couple of hours that it's already on its way. On a Sunday afternoon!

Now THAT is what I call service!

Well the Postage is paid and it's ready to go first thing in the morning. I could have dropped it off at the shop that doubles as a Post Office in these parts this afternoon but it still wouldn't move from there until tomorrow anyway.

Duncan B

• Like 2

So, I got back from work at around 3:30 today and found a huge box had been delivered and was waiting for me in the hallway. The kits are everything that I had hoped for - as always with WNW, a state of the art kit with great instructions and beautifully crafted pieces. Thank you to Duncan for a brilliant service.

However, the main reason for writing is the wonderfully personal touch that Duncan and his packing VP (as he lovingly calls her!) provided. As some of you will know, me and my wife are expecting our first Baby in September. It's a very exciting time and neither of us can wait to be parents. But on top of the very well packed kits, there was a separate little paper envelope - which I proceeded to open and found a wonderful hand knitted baby cardigan. An amazing gift that took me very much by surprise. I've been told by Sophie to say that if all goes well with the remainder of the pregnancy, we will send over a photo as soon as our little bundle has the Cardigan on!!

Such service is virtually unheard of in these times, and I was incredibly touched by this gesture. So thank you very much Duncan for the incredible service. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone and you've got my future business guaranteed now.

Superb in many many ways. Thank you very very much.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Chris Jephcott said:

So, I got back from work at around 3:30 today and found a huge box had been delivered and was waiting for me in the hallway. The kits are everything that I had hoped for - as always with WNW, a state of the art kit with great instructions and beautifully crafted pieces. Thank you to Duncan for a brilliant service.

However, the main reason for writing is the wonderfully personal touch that Duncan and his packing VP (as he lovingly calls her!) provided. As some of you will know, me and my wife are expecting our first Baby in September. It's a very exciting time and neither of us can wait to be parents. But on top of the very well packed kits, there was a separate little paper envelope - which I proceeded to open and found a wonderful hand knitted baby cardigan. An amazing gift that took me very much by surprise. I've been told by Sophie to say that if all goes well with the remainder of the pregnancy, we will send over a photo as soon as our little bundle has the Cardigan on!!

Such service is virtually unheard of in these times, and I was incredibly touched by this gesture. So thank you very much Duncan for the incredible service. I would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone and you've got my future business guaranteed now.

Superb in many many ways. Thank you very very much.

It's the least we could do as we couldn't find a Mothercare box to post the kits in :)

Duncan B

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beardie said:

You can knit as well Duncan? Multi talented :D

Nope, that is definitely the responsibility of the Packaging Department. (I am now wondering what an Aran Fedora would turn out like?).

Duncan B

• Like 1

Hey you might start a trend. Though I guess it would be a wee bit floppy.

Interesting fact, one of my grandfathers was a scrappy wee ex-HLI Glaswegian who, when he wasn't maintaining the vehicle fleet at Mothers Pride as Chief Mechanic or working in his own Lorry garage, could often be found embroidering really nicely executed floral tablecloths, knitting Aran jumpers or baking some serious cream cakes and sweet pastries.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chris Jephcott said:

What a lovely thing to do :clap2:

• Like 4

My 4 Camels arrived safe and sound this morning. Left Duncan on Monday and arrived in Devon this morning. From almost the furthest north of the UK to the nearly the southern most part of the UK in 48 hours. Not bad for Royal Mail.

All the kits beautifully wrapped and pristine when unpacked. Many thanks Duncan and your Packaging Department!!

Now to await the Fokker DVII :thumbsup:

P

Edited by PDH
Grammar
  • Like 1

Received my Camel today , lovely little kit as usual . I wonder why it took longer to come from Europe than all the

others did from New Zealand . I notice the box states "Made in Korea", north or south ?, bearing in mind previous

production was in China , supporter of the North . If so I`ve bought my last WnWs .Some things are just "not on".

What can I add that has not already been said? Duncan, you are a star, Sir! The packaging is of a class seldom seen these days. A huge shout-out and yes, you've secured my business too.

Your magnanimous gesture to Chris and Sophie was very thoughtful. A lovely, warm, fluffy, comforting piece of clothing to keep baby Jephcott warm at night. It's important to attend to our children's needs and I know that you have been hugely considerate whilst dealing with your customers; again, something that is lacking in today's society.

Now, my son has passed his driving test and needs a car...

• Like 5