The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

Weeelllll the obvious answer would be to get some after market to go with your Camel, fabric seatbelts would be a good start if Hannants carry them as, while the PE ones from Wingnuts do a decent job with care the fabric ones from HGW are much less fuss and really rather spiffing plus HGW do a lot of detail sets that might add a sparkle. I originally solved that problem by back-ordering three camels with Hannants although I have long since cancelled that and gone with Duncan B as my supplier of choice. I have to say that, if Hannants had wanted a deposit like Weta do they wouldn't have even got a sniff of my business in the first place and I won't be buying anything else from Weta as long as good ol' Duncan can get me my fix as and when required and continues to set his currently very reasonable prices :smile:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chris B said:

Dave

Whilst gainfully employed I had the "pleasure" of studying the legal position of deposits. Unless the law has changed in the last decade, if the deposit was paid without any expressly stated condition such as - this deposit is paid on condition that it will be delivered by X date etc  -   the supplier is legally entitled to retain the deposit  on cancellation by the purchaser.

Chris 

Also waiting for a Camel via WETA

The laws on such things can be very different between the States and Blighty.  There is U.S. law and also California law.  Will see how it turns out.  As it is, my Camel arrived this afternoon.  Quite pleased for now with the kit in hand.

Later,

Dave

On 3/24/2017 at 6:30 AM, Mark said:

Well, I could always tell her... ;)

Unless, of course, a couple of those Camels came my way!! :rofl:

Blackmail! I call foul and charge you with buying me the Duallists Boxing as it's my birthday in 2 weeks! 😂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Beardie said:

Weeelllll the obvious answer would be to get some after market to go with your Camel, fabric seatbelts would be a good start if Hannants carry them as, while the PE ones from Wingnuts do a decent job with care the fabric ones from HGW are much less fuss and really rather spiffing plus HGW do a lot of detail sets that might add a sparkle. I originally solved that problem by back-ordering three camels with Hannants although I have long since cancelled that and gone with Duncan B as my supplier of choice. I have to say that, if Hannants had wanted a deposit like Weta do they wouldn't have even got a sniff of my business in the first place and I won't be buying anything else from Weta as long as good ol' Duncan can get me my fix as and when required and continues to set his currently very reasonable prices :smile:

hi Marty

what I meant was the Camel will be dispatched when it arrives and at a cost of £71 pounds so it will incur P&P.

If I order other stuff to make it up to 100 that will be dispatched now  ie before the Camel, so what I would like to do is make my order up to 100 quid but delay the 'top items' until the Camel is ready for dispatch, so that the order is higher than 100 & thus post free....does that make sense?

10 hours ago, e8n2 said:

The laws on such things can be very different between the States and Blighty. 

Dave

On reflection I should have mentioned that I was talking about the English  law (or possibly UK given that the Scots have differences in some areas) regarding deposits.  I'll be interested to learn the position in the colonies across the pond :-). Or perhaps in the Netherlands.

Chris 

Hi Rick,

In that case there is only one sure fire way to ensure that you are over the £100 and that your other ordered item(s) aren't shipped before the Camel is to buy another Camel as you can guarantee that it won't be available to ship until the same time as your existing back-order :smile:

Aw go on, go on, go on, go on......You know you want to :devil:

Everyone needs at least two Sopwith Camels in their life :D

I guess I have the zeal of the convert to the ultimate World War One kits B)

• Like 1

On 26/03/2017 at 05:21, bentwaters81tfw said:

Hannants have just advised the Camels will be a week late due to bad weather! 

CRAP!

Bad weather?! Really??!! And what mode of transportation is the weather impeding? I thought the damn things had landed on Britain's fair shores. Earthquakes? Typhoons?? A frosty nip in the air??? Come on!

Edited by iSteve

7 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Duncan's stock was discharged and forwarded from Germany. Hannants stock must be on a different ship, because the MOL Beacon was off Algiers yesterday going back.

Indeed, I am supplied through a European Distributor who's shipment arrived in Hamburg on the 15th March. It took a few days to clear Customs before the Distributor took delivery but they have now received them and have shipped my order to me. I expect them to arrive here later this week.

Duncan B

• Like 1

Fantastic news!! It's been great just reading the whole story of their delivery!!

It's my birthday in April, who wants to buy me a pressie or two? ;)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mark said:

Fantastic news!! It's been great just reading the whole story of their delivery!!

It's my birthday in April, who wants to buy me a pressie or two? ;)

It's been fun watching their progress, even made me a little nostalgic for the high seas!

I can help with a list of presents Mark might like if you all want to buy him something? Now where did I put those Starfix Spitfires?

Duncan B

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Inverted said:

The question is do you have enough to fulfil all the orders!!?

At this point I'm just happy to say I have enough to fulfill all the pre orders. Who knows how many orders I'll have going forward but I will be restocking regularly (I've already done one restock with another under way). It takes about 5 days from me ordering to receiving them so as long as the Distributor has stock I will be able to service orders. 

Another thing to note is that if the website says a kit is in stock then I physically have it ready to dispatch immediately. 

Duncan b

• Like 3

On 28/03/2017 at 9:09 AM, Duncan B said:

Another thing to note is that if the website says a kit is in stock then I physically have it ready to dispatch immediately. 

Duncan b

And almost frighteningly fast, judging by a recent G.IV order!!!

• Like 1

Just got a message from Parcel Force which says my Camels are scheduled for take off on the short, but circuitous, journey across from East of to the West of Scotland :yahoo::thumbsup: now that is efficiency! :winkgrin:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dave Batt said:

And almost frighteningly fast, judging by a recent G.IV order!!!

I take a lot of pleasure in getting Folks' orders out the door as fast as possible. I know how it feels to be left waiting on a package to arrive.

5 hours ago, Beardie said:

Just got a message from Parcel Force which says my Camels are scheduled for take off on the short, but circuitous, journey across from East of to the West of Scotland :yahoo::thumbsup: now that is efficiency! :winkgrin:

Indeed they are, VP Packaging did really well and would get a Bonus (if she actually got paid!) working until 11Pm last night to get all the pre orders boxed ready to go. I'll have them handed over to the Post Office at 8am this morning and then your final countdown has begun (cue horrid Eurorock Anthem).

Duncan B

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cynicaljohnny said:

Interestingly, some people have had Camels for 2-3 weeks now, and I can't find a single WIP build.....

Surely 12 pages of drama over having to wait for delivery isn't so they can just be added to the stash?

As far as I'm aware the ones getting posted out today are the first WnW Camels officially in the UK (apparently Hannants stock have been delayed due to bad weather) so I'm not surprised you haven't seen any WIP's from the UK.

I also hope that these aren't stash fillers, the kits are too nice not to build.

Duncan B

1 hour ago, Howlindawg said:

No word from WETA about their back orders.

I'm not particularly surprised by that. :)

I got this response on Monday 27/3/17 when I fired off an email asking why some hobby shops around the world are on their 2/3 restocks of Camels and my preorder cant make it across the flamin' Tasmen Sea from New Zealand to Australia. Do ya reckon that WETA might consider air freight next time!!:angry:

Thank you for your patience here.

Stock arrives into all warehouses this week so we should have your order processed shortly.

We had our stock shipped via sea, which takes 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Any retailers that received their stock sooner had theirs air-freighted.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Weta Workshop, P O Box 15 208, Miramar, Wellington 6243, New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 909 4101

Edited by Devo
  • Like 1