The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

50 minutes ago, Chris Jephcott said:

Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Are they here yet? Said in the true manner of an excited child!

They are somewhere between Customs and the Distributor's warehouse I'm guessing. I might get an update today. Once I know they have been packed and are on their way to me I'll (possibly explode with excitement) let you all know.

Duncan B 

• Like 2

Duncan, after all this excitement, I'd totally forgotten that I haven't told the wife that I've got 5 on order. 

What would the readers of this thread recommend as the best way to get this rather large package past a pregnant (and emotional!) wife? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris Jephcott said:

Duncan, after all this excitement, I'd totally forgotten that I haven't told the wife that I've got 5 on order. 

What would the readers of this thread recommend as the best way to get this rather large package past a pregnant (and emotional!) wife? 

Tell her it's something for the baby?

• Like 2

Have the package sent to your workplace or a friend and wait until she is out/otherwise engaged before sneaking them in....."What? Those? They've been there all along, don't you remember?"

Alternatively tell her that they are an investment for the future as they are guaranteed to sell out very quickly and then will command very high prices in the marketplace.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beardie said:

Have the package sent to your workplace or a friend and wait until she is out/otherwise engaged before sneaking them in....."What? Those? They've been there all along, don't you remember?"

Funny thing is that's what my wife says when I point to the new  clothes I've never seen before and say "when did you get those", to which she affects a haughty air of injured innocence and says "I've had them for years, you never look at what I'm wearing".

I daren't say "but they've still got the label on" after the last time ................

• Like 3

or, it's a surprise for her & baby.

then when / if she remembers  in a while and says  " oi! where's our pressie"

say " sorry Darling, it was rubbish so I sent it back 

gotta think cunning 1:1 scale :D

I got tired of waiting for my pre-order to ship.  Sprue Brothers Hobbies in the states got in a shipment, which sold out in a matter of hours, if not minutes a few weeks ago.  Then this past weekend, they got n a second shipment.  I ordered it, and it shipped today, with expected delivery on Friday.  Weta still had no idea when it was going to arrive to be shipped to me so I canceled my order with them.  I don't know how it is working out with existing stock, but for pre-orders they blew it big time.  No more pre-orders from me, just existing stock if I do order again (got a lot of 32nd scale kits and mostly build 72nd).

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

Chris,

Hide them in the boot of you car and wait until your wife is sleeping and walk them in.

Have them sent to your work place and smuggle them back one by one, or determinate on due delivery day, (both!), bring them home whilst the love of your life is in hospital.

Be up front; you have the baby and I have these.

I need something to keep me occupied whilst you are nursing the baby.

Blame Martian.

Claim them as present from Britmodeller for the imminent arrival.

The one that works for me is to claim that I placed an order a long time ago when they were first mooted and have been patiently waiting ever since.

I was never here, I have never typed theses words, I have no idea what I am typing, it was somebody else claiming to be me.

All the best ;)

Christian, exiled to africa

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chris Jephcott said:

Do not fear, I will simply box them up in a Mothercare box, job done!

Duncan B

• Like 5

Just had a quick update from my Distributor. The shipment is currently clearing Customs and they expect to have them by next week. 

I hope they clear a little sooner but we'll have to wait and see. 

Duncan B

• Like 3

On 3/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, e8n2 said:

I got tired of waiting for my pre-order to ship.  Sprue Brothers Hobbies in the states got in a shipment, which sold out in a matter of hours, if not minutes a few weeks ago.  Then this past weekend, they got n a second shipment.  I ordered it, and it shipped today, with expected delivery on Friday.  Weta still had no idea when it was going to arrive to be shipped to me so I canceled my order with them.  I don't know how it is working out with existing stock, but for pre-orders they blew it big time.  No more pre-orders from me, just existing stock if I do order again (got a lot of 32nd scale kits and mostly build 72nd).

Later,

Dave

Did WETA give you any trouble about cancelling?  They were trying to stiff me for the pre-order deposit.

5 hours ago, HMSLion said:

Did WETA give you any trouble about cancelling?  They were trying to stiff me for the pre-order deposit.

They did not give me any trouble about cancelling.  Nothing has been mentioned about the deposit.  I will wait a couple of days to see if something shows up on the credit card that I used and then contact them again if need be.  There really shouldn't be any question about refunding the deposit since the kit was never shipped and I don't remember seeing anything about the deposit being non-refundable.

Later,

Dave

It seems astonishing to me that WETA, given who they are, apparently still has no idea when (or even whether?) they are getting stock, and yet a small retailer - our very own Duncan - knows when & where his incoming stock is arriving.

A lesson there, I think.

Thanks Duncan....

i can only hope none of our respective wives/girlfriends read this thread now!

Well, I could always tell her... ;)

Unless, of course, a couple of those Camels came my way!! :rofl:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, e8n2 said:

There really shouldn't be any question about refunding the deposit since the kit was never shipped and I don't remember seeing anything about the deposit being non-refundable.

Later,

Dave

Whilst gainfully employed I had the "pleasure" of studying the legal position of deposits. Unless the law has changed in the last decade, if the deposit was paid without any expressly stated condition such as - this deposit is paid on condition that it will be delivered by X date etc  -   the supplier is legally entitled to retain the deposit  on cancellation by the purchaser.

Chris 

Also waiting for a Camel via WETA

A Q for big H customers

So my Camel is on backorder and will be shipped when in stock. Cost of camel 71 quid.

Now being a tight bottom I always avoid paying postage from Hannants by ordering a £100s worth  of goodies, so how good people, do I add 30 quids worth of stuff to my  70 odd quid of preorder thus negating P&P?

anyone know how?

TIA

edit..I didn't type tight bottom, but its good to know that it still is after all these years :D 

Edited by sinnerboy
  • Like 2