The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

1 minute ago, KevinK said:

Are you guys still using those traditional Polynesian sailing canoes down there?

If they had used those guys, all the kits would have been here by now....they where exceptional sailors and navigators!:D

• Like 2

Well, I have just defected. Cancelled my Hannants order and placed one with Black Mike Models. I quite like the way Duncan is involved on Britmodeller and has kept us informed of the progress of the shipment of Wingnut Camels. Hopefully 2 Camels will be winging their way south bound to the Potteries in the not too distant future.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, andrewfl290 said:

Well, I have just defected. Cancelled my Hannants order and placed one with Black Mike Models. I quite like the way Duncan is involved on Britmodeller and has kept us informed of the progress of the shipment of Wingnut Camels. Hopefully 2 Camels will be winging their way south bound to the Potteries in the not too distant future.

Thanks Andrew, your kits are boxed up, postage paid and ready to be dispatched first thing in the morning by Special Delivery.

Duncan B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrewfl290 said:

Well said and its great to support someone who is clearly prepared to engage with his customers. Just paid for my previous order and added a request for two more as well !

Gary

• Like 2

Well, as of 21.25 tonight my order has apparently left the Parcel Force depot at Edinburgh so they might actually be in my hands when the postie comes by in the morning. Next day delivery! :D Now that is a rarity in my little corner of Western Scotland.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, redcap said:

Well said and its great to support someone who is clearly prepared to engage with his customers. Just paid for my previous order and added a request for two more as well !

Gary

I've set those kits aside for you, disregard my PM then, just let me know if you want the invoice e-mailed to you or if he'll order separately.

5 hours ago, Beardie said:

Well, as of 21.25 tonight my order has apparently left the Parcel Force depot at Edinburgh so they might actually be in my hands when the postie comes by in the morning. Next day delivery! :D Now that is a rarity in my little corner of Western Scotland.

Now even I'm not going to take credit for Parcelforce getting their act together!!

Duncan B

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. No kits today. According to the tracking Parcel Force got the package down to Glasgow just after midnight and handed it over to the Post Office for delivery but I guess they missed the last rowing boat (or it might be a Pedalo) across to Dunoon. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow.

• Like 1

My two arrived today... eventually! Brechin, Edinburgh, back up past Brechin to Aberdeen then Ellon. Kits all fine! Sea camel seems to have a sprue slightly wider than the box, so it's curved slightly, but no issue with the parts. £11 delivery sent post free!? Duncan, you'll go bankrupt!

• Like 1

My first 3 arrived today thanks to excellent service from Duncan & Black Mike Models,  (Le Rhone, Clerget & Ships) :D.  Still waiting for a couple from Hannants though (Clerget & BR.1) :mellow:.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

My two arrived today... eventually! Brechin, Edinburgh, back up past Brechin to Aberdeen then Ellon. Kits all fine! Sea camel seems to have a sprue slightly wider than the box, so it's curved slightly, but no issue with the parts. £11 delivery sent post free!? Duncan, you'll go bankrupt!

16 minutes ago, AndrewE said:

My first 3 arrived today thanks to excellent service from Duncan & Black Mike Models,  (Le Rhone, Clerget & Ships) :D.  Still waiting for a couple from Hannants though (Clerget & BR.1) :mellow:.

I'm glad to hear the kits arrived safely Gents, I hope you enjoy them. I'm looking forward to all the WIP and RFI's of all these kits in the future (no pressure!).

Duncan B

3 minutes ago, Beardie said:

I would say we now have the Big D to rival the old Big H B)

I wouldn't go that far, a small 'd' maybe. You have to respect the size of Hannants, the amount and variety of stock they carry is almost unrivalled anywhere I would suspect.

Duncan B

On 30/03/2017 at 9:19 PM, Duncan B said:

Thanks Andrew, your kits are boxed up, postage paid and ready to be dispatched first thing in the morning by Special Delivery.

Duncan B

Arrived this morning Duncan, well packaged, many thanks that's cracking service and the postie played his part too. Now for a cup of coffee while I open the boxes :inlove:

• Like 1

Well postie brought mine this morning :yahoo:Superb! Only problem is that, now they are here I don't want to harm them as I am guessing they won't be around for long before they become 'sold-out'. I think I need to get some spare copies of the kits ASAP.

• Like 1

That's me switched to Duncan as well!

I'm glad to support the smaller retailer, and I'm impressed by how many have praised his excellent service on here.

The order is placed - a Clerget, Le Rhone, & ships Camel as fast as you can please kind sir!

Cheers

John

• Like 3

My first 2 Camel kits of 4 ordered have arrived 15 mins ago and  in less than 48 hours after I paid for them. Not only did they arrive in a stout cardboard box, but the kits themselves were arranged inside with loads of packing with the icing on the cake being that each one was then wrapped in tissue paper. The result was mint condition kit boxes and contents; unlike some I have had in days gone by from WNW direct where the ends were chewed-up and in one case, the box lid almost destroyed.

I defy Harrods to have achieved better presentation and service if they sold WNW kits than Duncan's efforts.

From now on and if he stocks it or can get it, Duncan is my go-to "dealer" for anything kit wise!

Buy with 100% confidence and support someone who clearly values his customers and reputation.

Gary

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, redcap said:

From now on and if he stocks it or can get it, Duncan is my go-to "dealer" for anything kit wise!

From what I am reading here, I've got a feeling that might be true for several of us!

Cheers

John

• Like 3

Well I've succumbed! All the great comments and praise for Duncan and his excellent service.

Order for 4 x WNW Camels placed just now. Looking forward to their arrival. Thanks Duncan, definitely my go to dealer for WNW kits in the future.

P

2 hours ago, Beardie said:

Well postie brought mine this morning :yahoo:Superb! Only problem is that, now they are here I don't want to harm them as I am guessing they won't be around for long before they become 'sold-out'. I think I need to get some spare copies of the kits ASAP.

2 hours ago, Viking said:

That's me switched to Duncan as well!

I'm glad to support the smaller retailer, and I'm impressed by how many have praised his excellent service on here.

The order is placed - a Clerget, Le Rhone, & ships Camel as fast as you can please kind sir!

Cheers

John

2 hours ago, redcap said:

My first 2 Camel kits of 4 ordered have arrived 15 mins ago and  in less than 48 hours after I paid for them. Not only did they arrive in a stout cardboard box, but the kits themselves were arranged inside with loads of packing with the icing on the cake being that each one was then wrapped in tissue paper. The result was mint condition kit boxes and contents; unlike some I have had in days gone by from WNW direct where the ends were chewed-up and in one case, the box lid almost destroyed.

I defy Harrods to have achieved better presentation and service if they sold WNW kits than Duncan's efforts.

Buy with 100% confidence and support someone who clearly values his customers and reputation.

Gary

2 hours ago, Viking said:

From what I am reading here, I've got a feeling that might be true for several of us!

Cheers

John

1 hour ago, PDH said:

Well I've succumbed! All the great comments and praise for Duncan and his excellent service.

Order for 4 x WNW Camels placed just now. Looking forward to their arrival. Thanks Duncan, definitely my go to dealer for WNW kits in the future.

P

Oh stop it you lot, you're making me blush! 

Thanks to all of you for the kind comments, it really does mean a lot to us to hear from so many satisfied customers out there.

Duncan B (and VP Packaging too)

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Duncan, just how many Camels did you get in? You must have bought up about half the available stock!

Well, if you'd asked me a week ago I would have said too many, now I'm inclined to say not enough!! 

Duncan B

(I'm away to post John and P's orders now.)

• Like 2