The WNW Camel is coming!

Admiral Puff

• 1 month later...

Is there a Date for this one yet..... cannot wait any longer.....

Is there a Date for this one yet..... cannot wait any longer.....

No dates, and WNW doesn't tend to give them either. For all we know, it could be here next week or it could still be two or three years away. The 'Post War' versions of the Brisfit and DH.9a have been listed on their website as 'In Development' for at least two years now, and the promised figures and 'Special Edition' re-releases have never seen the light of day, despite being mentioned and pictured in the link below dated March 2010...

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/wwinterviewdw_1.htm

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A Christmas 2016 Camel release with a 'Surprise Release' of a Fokker Dr 1 Tripe would certainly make my Christmas!

That said, personally I would prefer a Neiuport 11, 17 or SPAD VII, XIII to the Dr 1 but I have given up hope of ever seeing these French subjects tooled by WNW.

Gary

Edited by redcap
  • Like 1

The Camel would be a great Christmas kit for certain. I would go for a couple of them. Now a really really nice surpriise would be a Handley Page 0/100 or a Martinsyde Elephant though a Spad XIII would be excellent as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I see the Wingnut Wings website now says " Still expected in late 2016, very late 2016. " in the Camel page.

Darn I wish they would hurry up and put it out or at least put it on the Weta site for Pre-order. The missus doesn't know it yet but she is gonna get me a couple for Christmas if it is released in time :D

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Beardie said:

if it is released in time :D

That doesn't matter, they can be late gifts. Or early for next year, if they don't show up as soon as you'd like. Creative thinking, that's what's needed!

I think that the photo of the interior on the website has been updated as I thought all the test shot pictures were originally in black and white and this one is now in colour. Also it says that the interior shot is from the 3rd test shot rather than the 2nd one used in the other photos.

Cheers

phil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see there are now two built photos of the Sopwith Camel on the Wingnut Wings site. Must be getting close to take off and it looks pretty sweet. Surprised to see that the build is in the 'Donner Wetter' scheme of Sammy Kinkead just like the old Revell kit. Should the guns be blue?

• 4 weeks later...

This is worrying. 4th of December and still no sign of the Camel :( Definitely not available in time for Christmas now I reckon especially with the way the post in my neck of the woods gets leading up to the festering season.

I have to say I am really wondering if we are seeing the end of Wingnut Wings. We will be lucky if they release this one kit by the end of 2016 which certainly doesn't bode well for the future.

• Like 3