writing a number... HELP!

I need help. If you were following maritime related forum you have noticed that I've made a 1/700 scale frigate. I would like to write a number on it's hull and I don't know how to do it since I have a lack of skill and experience.

Any comment and help is welcome.

Thanks.

Edited by VPBR

The easy way is to write the number in a word processing document with a background the colour of the hull. Print it on thin paper, cut it out and stick it on! That is how I put the word ISBRANDTSEN on the side of this model of this Flying Enterprise model. I also put the name on the bow using the same method, but it is too small to see in the image.

Bob

Flying_Enterprise_Medium.jpg

• Like 2

Well that was interesting and easy since you had a mat black background. I tried to make a pattern out of tape.

Any other suggestions? I saw some people writinig numbers with their airbrushes.

By the way nice build. Congrats!

Edited by VPBR

Try it the reverse way.......paint the hull in your desired number colour...well, not all the hull, just the area where the numbers should be.

Cut the numbers from wide masking tape and place them over the already painted colour. Overspray the hull with the definitive colour...peel the adhesive maskings of, and voilà...there are your numbers there...!!!

Cheers....

It doesn't matter what colour the background is! Prepare it on the computer in any colour you want. Print it any size you want. Here is an example of white letters on a grey hull!

Bob

Margaret_Wicks.jpg

Edited by ShipbuilderMN
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...