Revell 1/72 Flower Class Corvette with GLS Sets

Yes, I learned something new yesterday.

A few more photos. First up one of the diecast vents supplied in the set..

Flower%2B9%2B1.jpg

Very little cleanup required and look much better than the kit vents.

I received my WEM Colourcoats RN White today. Compare it's shade with the Lifecolor paint..

flower%2B8%2B2.jpg

I think I will be using them both in different areas so the difference between the two won't bw quite as obvious... I hope..

Cheers

Warren

• Like 1

Hello Everyone.

Welcome to another installment in my build log saga. Today I will concentrate on other items for the fore and aft decks.

But first, yes, you are 100% correct re the whites Kieth. But I have found the Colourcoats one covers much netter than the Lifecolor one.

First up, a hose reel with some paint on it finally.

flower%2B7%2B1.jpg

I must admit I think they looked better in natural metal.. Oh well..

Then we have an ladder

flower%2B7%2B2.jpg

Treads haven't been painted yet. And next we have an overall view of a heap of lockers and hatches while the where being painted..

flower%2B7%2B3.jpg

Got to go and have dinner. I will continue this later.Back again.

Then we have an overall views of the fore deck..

flower%2B7%2B5.jpg

flower%2B7%2B6.jpg

flower%2B7%2B7.jpg

flower%2B7%2B9.jpg

flower%2B7%2B8.jpg

Then some of the aft deck and engine room roof..

flower%2B7%2B11.jpg

flower%2B7%2B11.jpg

flower%2B7%2B12.jpg

Obviously there is a lot of touching up to do.. of the model..

And the tops of diverse parts need to be painted grey.

That's all for now.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 2

Last update for the weekend (unfortunately). An update on some of the deck fittings and the main anchors.

First up, the Downton Pump that sits on the side of the aft deck.

flower%2B8%2B5.jpg

If anyone can enlighten me as to what it was used for please be my guest.

Next iare the main anchors. These have to be assembled and are not too hard to do.

flower%2B8%2B2.jpg

flower%2B8%2B3.jpg

flower%2B8%2B4.jpg

Then we have the deck fittings for holding the anchor in place when it is hauled out of the water.

flower%2B8%2B6.jpg

That is a 10mm square it is sitting in and gets attached to the fore deck before some extra, even fiddlier (is that a word) parts are attached.

That's it for now,
Cheers
Warren

• Like 1

Warren, you are doing a fine job and I have been following your progress with interest as I have the same kit and GLS parts to build as soon as I can clear a couple of other projects.

I hope you won't be offended if I point out an error in your choice of anchor chain as plain link chain is rarely used except on small boats such as cabin cruisers etc. I have decided to use the following on my model: http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/c65411.html It is expensive granted but you have already invested time and money and it would be a shame to spoil the model for one small detail.

Keep up the good work,

Chris

I knew it wasn't right Chris but I wasn't going down the path to madness with the PE links, and I wasn't sure of the correct size etc, but that link has fixed all worried there. I ordered a metere as I will need it for my other Corvette as well.

Never offended by constructive criticism Chris, but I do ignore nit picking. :)

Cheers and thanks

Warren

Hi Warren

This build is really turning out brilliant - I keep overlooking the size of the model until I catch a glimpse of your working environment in the background which gives it a scale and perspective

Thanks for that. Sorry for the tardy reply.

Hello Everyone.

Production at the Inman Shipyard will be somewhat delayed for a while as I am flying back and forward from Adelaide to Brisbane (2.5 hours each way) as my Father-In-Law passed away last Wednesday and the preparations for attending his funeral and attending the funeral will take up my time for a while. Can't build a model by remote yet..

Cheers
Warren

Vale Lenton Griffiths 1929 - 2015

May he rest in peace.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Philp.

Amid all the sadness in the house we have at least three nice reminders of my Wife's Father..

flower%2B1%2B1.jpg

flower%2B1%2B9.jpg

The candle has a lovely scent as well. Please excuse the background. :)

I had to get back to the bench and take my mind off other things. These are basically the final things I have to do with this set of upgrades from D J Parkins. First up a couple of storage racks for Carley Floats that sit to the rear of the main deck..

flower%2B1%2B3.jpg

Then we have a detail view of the rear of the structure.

flower%2B1%2B4.jpg

And this is basically how they will sit on the model. I couldn't get them to balance properly so I used my Mk.I hand..

flower%2B1%2B2.jpg

Then we have the davit for the 4 in gun..

flower%2B1%2B5.jpg

Then a detail shot of the davit's working bits..

flower%2B1%2B6.jpg

Then with the oily bits installed on the davit..

[imghttps://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-MLuqLjk1h7c/Vf46Pc0F8GI/AAAAAAAAC3M/8pLkBcIVW4A/w800-h600-no/flower%2B1%2B8.jpg[/img]

And that's it for now.

Thanks for looking
Warren

• Like 1

Not at all well today. Not a hope of driving to work safely so I went back to bed... urgh

After a few more hours sleep.,not being a stay in bed all day type, I dragged my butt out of bed and crawled into the hobby cave (well not REALLY crawled) and got some work done. First up, the engine room air intakes.

flower%2B1%2B1.jpg

O had to remove a large band around the top of each of them to gifit the new PE collars. Don't tell Mr Parkins but the collars aren't long enough for the smalled vents and there is a gap around the back you can't see in this photo. I will find some way to disguise it. I wouldn't be surprised if I did something wrong.. :)

Oh the seams on the insides of the intakes have been filled just like the outsides.

Then we have a fairlead, a bollard and a sheilds that sits on the foredeck..

flower%2B1%2B2.jpg

Then I started the 4 inch gun set as I had gone as far as I wanted with the deck set for the moment. Here is the gun and it's mount after some clean up..

flower%2B1%2B3.jpg

Then we have the pedestal the gun sits on. First the underside, complete with not-very-well rolled centre piece.

flower%2B1%2B4.jpg

Don't worry I don't think you will be able to see the piece well enough to see it's deformity..

Then the topside....

flower%2B1%2B5.jpg

The clamps can stay on for a while until the CA glue dries.

That's it for now.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 2

Try gargling with lukewarm Dutch jenever with a fresh pubic hair in it, (old Dutch seamans recipe against colds. Fnar, fnar, two points on that one. Preferably a female one, not seaman but pubic hair I mean).

:coolio:

Edited by Gremlin56