Revell 1/72 Flower Class Corvette with GLS Sets

Well I have come to the end of the Snowberry for the moment. I have to make some blobks etc for the dinghys as the ones supplied by GLS look way too flat , especially the rope. Just need to find the right size one. And I need to find out how long the oars were for the dingys. Be that as it may here are some piccies of the model..

flower%20g2_7.jpg

flower%20g4_6.jpg

flower%20g3_7.jpg

flower%20g5_5.jpg

flower%20g6_4.jpg

flower%20g7_4.jpg

flower%20g8_3.jpg

flower%20g9_3.jpg

That's it until I finish off the stand etc and take some better shots.

Regards
Warren

• Like 9

Lovely work, Warren. Well done!

Your work shames me as I have been unable to make any progress on my own Flower Class Corvette for months! Hopefully, by the time I do get going again it will turn out at least as half as good as your build.

Dave

Absolutely superb model. If I had a hat I would take it off to you!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Paul. :)

Lovely work, Warren. Well done!

Your work shames me as I have been unable to make any progress on my own Flower Class Corvette for months! Hopefully, by the time I do get going again it will turn out at least as half as good as your build.

Dave

Come now Dave. I am sure yours will come out very well as usual.

Cheers

Warren

• Like 1

What an absolute beauty! It's wonderful to see all your effort paid off. I certainly hope mine turns out at least half as good.

Thanks very much Mr Oddball.

You know something, I am getting the urge to build another one already! :banghead::shutup:

Yeah I can quite imagine, just a glutton for punishment aren't you. :shutup:

Incidentally, I have a question for you, which you may or may not have come across in your research. I notice you have your vents splayed slightly outwards, and looking through various pictures of the corvettes it seems the vents face a different way in each shot, some face straight forward, some slightly outwards like yours, some at 90 degrees and even a couple facing backwards! Do you reckon this mean the vents could be rotated, or just that they were attached that way?

Incidentally, I have a question for you, which you may or may not have come across in your research. I notice you have your vents splayed slightly outwards, and looking through various pictures of the corvettes it seems the vents face a different way in each shot, some face straight forward, some slightly outwards like yours, some at 90 degrees and even a couple facing backwards! Do you reckon this mean the vents could be rotated, or just that they were attached that way?

Hello again,

I do believe they are rotatable as you wouldn't want them facing forward at all times. Might flood the place if they acted like big water or air scoops at the wrong time. :)

Cheers

Warren

The engine vents have a join half-way up and the top half rotates at the join.

Dave

Thanks Dave. :)

Nice one Warren! Thoroughly enjoyed this build!

Cheers,

Spud

She is quite a beauty, you have done her proud! and an entertaining build thread as well, all in all BZ young man!

Bob

Thanks gentlemen.

• Like 1

Thanks heaps Rob.

And here is a quick picture of where she is moored at the moment with a few others to keep her company..

flower%20g2_8.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

...and at the end of your labors, I also join to the chorus of "bravo" :yahoo: ...

You will be an essential guide for my small (1/350 scale) copies of the corvettes that I plan in the near future!
Fair Winds and soon, :analintruder: I hope, to the next shipyard,
Laerte
:cheers:

• 4 months later...

Hello! Here I thought I was the only person daft enough to attempt this with the GLS sets. I've been purchasing them one or two at a time as I am able to afford them. I purchased the Revell kit a number of years ago, planning to build it without modifications. Once I found David Parkins' offerings, the die was cast.I need only the sonar dome to begin construction. The main problem now is to satisfy the query of She Who Must Be Obeyed: "Just where will you put this thing?" I've just finished my 1/72 PB4Y-1 (2 versions), Liberator GR.1, Liberator GR Mk V and PB4Y-2 set. The LB-30 didn't interest me at all. By the way SWMBO had the same feelings about the Liberators. I had to construct a Roubo workbench, then construct a 62 inch x 30 inch x 30 inch base with glass doors, wood frame sides and top and glass shelves, with a 62 inch x 20 inch x 96 inch top with glass doors, wood frame sides and top and glass shelves, to fit over the base. Thank God we have 11 foot ceilings! I also installed a filtered air ventilation system to reduce the dust in both cases and anchored them to the walls in the back (for the occasional earthquake). I'd like to build her as HMS Campanula and display her with my Revell 1/72 Type VII C U-Boat and my 1953 copy of "The Cruel Sea"

Wish Me Luck!

Nick

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Warren, I know this is an older build report but I just joined the site and would love to see the final result. But unfortunately, with Photobucket blocking their 3rd party views, the majority of your photos are now unavailable here.

Any chance you would post a few pics of the final result if you still have them?

I am 80% done with my first 1/72 scale Flower Class and liked it so much that I bought a 2nd kit as well as the entire set from GLS. Your photos would have been a great help, but that's always the issue with 3rd party hosting, you never know when they are gone.

Thanks in advance. The few photos still available here shows some amazing craftsmanship

John

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

I am sorry about the photos but Pussbucket are a bunch of pirates who are not getting my money for something I only post to help others.

If you have any specific questions drop me a line on [email protected] and I will try and anser them.

Cheers

Warren