Revell 1/72 Flower Class Corvette with GLS Sets

So it is time for a small update. Due to a lack of time at the moment (I am playing an online game called Transport Empire) but I got to do a bit on the stern area today.

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

All those braces are from the kit but are not shown in any of the GLS instructions that I have seen (but I am probably wrong) :)

That's it for now. Next up is another coat of grey for the stern area deck etc.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 2

Hello everyone...

Well it is very quiet in here but I have made some more progress.

First up I sprayed the inside of the hull and supports the same colour as the deck..

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

After that I sprayed the roof of the aft superstructure.

Flower%2B6%2B3.jpg

Here is the aft area of the ship with PE deck and the superstructure sitting in place.. not glued as yet..

Flower%2B6%2B4.jpg

Then I removed it all again and seeing it has been at least a week since I sprayed the hull I decided to mask the hull up in preparation to spray the WA Blue and Green.

Flower%2B6%2B7.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B5.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B6.jpg

That's it for now. Spraying will be done in the next few days then I can get into attaching lots of the deck stuff permanently.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 2

Amazing work buddy. I'm in an awe that you can do such wonderful work while you have a pinkey stuck in your nose...just making fun of your avatar. just tell her not to move as you are on the roll with this kit :D

It's probably like the story of the guy who walked into the doctor's office with a frog stuck to his head.

"How did this start" asked the doctor.

"Well", said the frog, 'It started as a pimple on my bottom" ........................................................................

:analintruder::thumbsup:

• Like 2

Oh so very very funny... it is to laugh.. ha ha ha.

So are you saying I am the pimple on my Wife or she on me? Hmmm??

Sorry Warren, couldn't resist it. :coolio:

You will probably be dispatching a killer wombat from Oz now to terminate me :hanging:

Edited by Gremlin56

Great work continuing, it will be good to see a nice splash of colour on the hull, it'll start to come to life more. I am going down to the HMCS Sackville in about 10 days for a peruse. I shall take my camera and do a walk around. (obviously not a full walk around as I would get a tad wet on the far side!)

Bob

Mr Sallows it is funny you should mention killer wombats as they are a contributing factor in many car crashes over the years. They are built like tanks and will write your car off if you ever hit one. Luckily they are not very common... Now drop bears, there is a wylie beasty...

• Like 1

Greetings one and all to the next exciting installment of 'The Flower Class'.

The two colours used in the camouflage, beside the white, are Western Approaches Blue and Western Approaches Gree.. as shown in the next picture

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

The blue is very pale but the Lifecolor paint covers very well once you work out how to use it..

Here are the two colors on the hull..

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

And finally, here is the ancient airbrush I am using for the Lifecolor paint..

Flower%2B6%2B3.jpg

Very old, single action airbrush, refreshingly simple to use after years of dual action 'brushes. As Julian alluded too above, this one can spray the Lifecolor paint with very little thinners in it and never blocks the nozzle, unlike with the finer 'brushes. And this airbrush hasn't even got a needle! :)

That's it for now. Join me sometime in the near future for another exciting update to my blog 'Building Revell's 1/72 Flower-Class Corvette'.

No thicker needle jokes here :mental:

Cheers

Warren

• Like 1

You can tell it is an old brush it doesn't even have any bristles :tumble:

But it is still doing a grand job on the paint finish there Warren

Keith

• Like 2

Greetings one and all to the next exciting installment of 'The Flower Class'.

The two colours used in the camouflage, beside the white, are Western Approaches Blue and Western Approaches Gree.. as shown in the next picture

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

The blue is very pale but the Lifecolor paint covers very well once you work out how to use it..

Here are the two colors on the hull..

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

And finally, here is the ancient airbrush I am using for the Lifecolor paint..

Flower%2B6%2B3.jpg

Very old, single action airbrush, refreshingly simple to use after years of dual action 'brushes. As Julian alluded too above, this one can spray the Lifecolor paint with very little thinners in it and never blocks the nozzle, unlike with the finer 'brushes. And this airbrush hasn't even got a needle! :)

That's it for now. Join me sometime in the near future for another exciting update to my blog 'Building Revell's 1/72 Flower-Class Corvette'.

No thicker needle jokes here :mental:

Cheers

Warren

I wouldn't dare to mention needle sizes after my "Faux Pas' about the pimple, (my apologies for that on Warren, bad behaviour on my part).

That's a Paasche isn't it?

• Like 1

You can tell it is an old brush it doesn't even have any bristles :tumble:

But it is still doing a grand job on the paint finish there Warren

Keith

..... I can hear crickets..... :winkgrin:

Very funny Keith.. I hadn't heard that one before.

Thanks for the praise for my old airbrush though.

Cheers

Warren

• Like 1

I wouldn't dare to mention needle sizes after my "Faux Pas' about the pimple, (my apologies for that on Warren, bad behaviour on my part).

That's a Paasche isn't it?

That's OK Julian.. We all know you your fascination with pimples and large needles. ;)

Yes Sir that is a Paasche I got about 30 years ago in a kit with lots of bottles etc etc. Looked like this

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

Came with three different size bottles and three different size nozzles. Very efficient with paint as well.

Cheers mate

Warren

G'day Warren,

I am happily following along but I have a question ref the lifecolour paints.

What are you using to thin them? I have brushed these (brilliant!) but I have not tried to spray them so i would be interested to know what works,

cheers,

Pappy

Hi there Pappy.

I am using Lifecolor Thinners and they seem to work fine. Tamiya, Methylated Spirits etc all turn the paint bad. Water works well for cleanup. I have found I don't need to thin the paint when I use my old Paasche airbrush. But I do add about 15% just so the paint lasts a little longer.And you are right about the brushing, they cover very well.

And here are the results before I mask it up for the anti-fouling. I won't be masking until Friday as I want to give the new paint some time to cure before touching it with masking tape.

Flower%2B6%2B3.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B4.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

So I will do some more PEing during the week and submit photos for your edification.

Cheers

Warren

• Like 5

Hello all you candle lovers out there.

I went to the candle shop a few weeks ago and they were having a big sale and they had this lovely combo on special and I just couldn't resist.

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

Isn't it lovely. I just lit them up and sat back and waited to be surrounded by sweet sweet smells. Smell 100% better than than damn CA glue I have been using so much lately on that damn ship I be building,, arrrrr....

Oh bugger!! Wrong blog! cough cough...

Hello everyone.

For all those who think I have bee sitting back doing nuthin' but sniffing candle instead of CA glue you may be surprised to find I have been hard at work on the model, but all that work doesn't look like much at the moment..

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B3.jpg

This is the engine room skylight and ventilation assembly/ All solid brass so far. That picture shows it without all the little hatch brackets etc fitted. I left some closed to give the model a little interest.

Flower%2B6%2B4.jpg

It also has the brackets which hold the covers open in there. And then we have the little brackets etc all fitted.

Flower%2B6%2B6.jpg

All I have to do now is make some handles for the covers. But first I have to get some wire thin enough. Think that this is 1/72 scale and how big the handles wold be in real life.. so these are gonna be vewy vewy small....

That's it for now. I'm gonna go back to relaxing and sniffing candles.. :)

Cheers
Warren

• Like 3

The engine room skylight is magic Warren, looks great and is a huge improvement on the bog standard OOB skylight. :goodjob::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

You can't fool us with the scented candles, hiding the Ganja fumes :coolio::hmmm::blink2:

No Julian. It is not legal here yet and hopefully never will be. A few people I know are living proof it is not harmless...

But on a much lighter note, thank you. :)

WOW Hey Warren seems a shame to cover all that hard work up with paint miniature engineering in progress Men at Work down under style.

Keith

Thanks Keith.

I know what you mean about covering it up with paint, but the nice thin coats shouldn't hide much detail.

• Like 2

Greetings Everyone.

A very quick update covering a lot of work.

Sorry they are so far away but my lens can't get it all in..

Flower%2B6%2B1.jpg

Flower%2B6%2B2.jpg

Bit of touching up and I can mask the whole lot up again to stop the paint getting damaged.

Cheers
Warren

• Like 5

Stunning progress!!