Mosquito MkIV Revell 1/32

Not the best kit in the world and not the best build but it is a good size and at current prices it had to be done.

Airbrushed with Humbrol Enamels, looks OK but my satin cote is coming out too glossy for some reason ??

took under a month to build, hope you like, enjoy...

mos028_zpsleg4x2zs.jpg

mos029_zpsx4lg7u4e.jpg

mos027_zpsfnop9oft.jpg

mos026_zpsgjhcwgkn.jpg

mos030_zpsykzmkcmo.jpg

mos031_zpsohuvxexu.jpg

Edited by theanorak73
  • Like 17

thanks for the comments. cheap and cheerful is the name of the game here. certainly worth the money if your not too bothered about detail and accuracy.

don't get me wrong, i really enjoyed the build, probably helped out by reading a couple of very good books about the Mosquito along the way.

That is rather nice, I have an original boxing that I bought to relive a bit of my childhood. It's nice to see that these are still around and such good value too. Even better to see them built and displayed on here.

• Like 1

That looks rather good and the pic on the cooker is good for showing how big it is! Excellent. Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

"Not the best kit in the world and not the best build but it is a good size and at current prices it had to be done."

Classic comment!

1/32 always worries me as I wonder where I'd put the kit when it's finished way more than I worry about making something that big. Maybe I should...

Edited by KiwiRho

• 4 months later...

Hi I am new to this forum, and I have recently started this model. I have just put the fuselage together fitted like a dream. What I wanted was for any tip or tricks you may have picked up when you you were doing the build. Great job hope mine turns out somewhere near as good. :hmmm:

Very nice, I must admit from the box it is not a bad kit. But then again I have never really been out of the box type builder. I still have a mould for a better shaped canopy when I can get around to polishing it.

Nice looking Mossie and old rule works here again. Good modeller can make wonders from basic kit.

Very true indeed. A couple of years ago I built the old 1/32 Matchbox Sea Venom, had been part started, was missing half the cockpit, turned into one of the most enjoyable builds I have ever done, it was a pure "no pressure" kit.

Great build of the this old girl. Well done.

Mac

• Like 1

Great job on the old girl, I see now that Wonderland are no longer selling them at £13.49 ! I have a couple of these kits plus a pile of Paragon parts that were given to me when my friend's eyes called enough your build has inspired me to dig it all out and make a (slow) start . MODeller

• Like 1