A 272 Sqn Beaufighter

Good luck with that old Frog kit. You seem to be hammering it into submission.

The Beaufighter is a cracking subject. I did the Airfix 1/72 one many years ago, and have all the others, Matchbox, Hasegawa, Frog etc up in the stash. Looking forward to the new Airfix kit, I might even build it.

All the best.

I am absolutely in on this one.

Looking great.

Just recently got up close to a Beau at the RAF Museum in Hendon.

Might have to build one myself.....last one was a Matchbox original back in the 70's I think!

Chocks away!

Lovely job so far, Ascoteer!

I also did the FROGgy Beau a while back and tarted it up with two of the old Aeroclub Hercules engines and cowlings. Unfortunately, I needed to bulk up the nacelles quite a bit too. It's nowhere near as detail-packed as yours, but I'm happy with it.

If you're interested, pics are here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234968954-frog-beaufighter-tlc/?hl=%22frog+beaufighter%22

regards,

Martin

Debs, I'd somehow missed this until now (too much work, not enough modelling - that's the short & the long of it). Coming on really nicely.

I have a mate who is doing something very similar with a Sea Cadet unit (800 Naval Air Squadron Sea Cadets, from Kettering - the only Sea Cadet unit to be named after a NAS), and he says the link to a real squadron (800 are defunct, too; they decommissioned in 2010) has made a huge difference. Good for you!

• Like 1

The castings are Brilliant G, as Debs says, no contest

Well done mate

Debs, Thetford? Was that on the good old PTA?

Many a memory from there in the past, broken ribs trying to grip icy scaffold bars on a six o clock assault course session amongst others

memo to other users, don't land on your water bottle if the ice layer cracks and rolls you down south :yikes:

Racing a Bedford RL to the PTA after emplaning some guys for a drop on Frog Hill when they'd picked up others at Leeds and Newcastle, setting off from BHX

Happy days from CI-ing at 1600 sqn as a younger chap too

• Like 1

Ooh, top tip; thanks! I have been rescribing panel lines on parts of my Vixen, and some of it is incredibly hard to do, especially where the lines cross sections of filler (which they almost invariably do at some point - that's kind of why I had to sand them off in the first place...).

I have encountered 'soup' before (though not described as such), but then forgot all about it. One thing I am not short of is Vixen sprue material; I could soup that up a bit in some MekPak (of which I have loads), coat the offending sections in Vixen Soup, and then be certain that the material would have similar properties to the original plastic.

Debs, you star! Why didn't I think of that before?

• Like 1