Trees, Hedges and Grass

Max Headroom

Hello!

Not a frequent poster in this part of the Forum but I thought you guys would be my best bet for some help.

In the upcoming Battle of Britain group build I want to model this downed Spitfire I at the point of capture by the Germans in France. I am using the new(ish) Airfix kit in 1/72.

http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225648&d=1392816784&thumb=1

I thought that to add interest to the build, I would pose it in a similar setting, so to misquote Holy Grail I need some shrubbery (and grass).

I am hoping that someone can give me a steer as to where to get these items.

My intention is to get a piece of MDF or even an old picture frame to use as a base.

Needless to say I also have zero experience in such dioramas!

Thanks in advance.

Trevor

Visit model railway sites - a local model railway shop will be glad to help. There's a wide range of suitable stuff available for 1/76 railways, so much so that you are liable to be overwhelmed. There are also a wide range of books, some quite cheap, on such scenery but many of them are fairly old and will not cover more recent ideas or all current options.

• Like 1

Hi Dads! Very informative thread there and a cracking model to boot.

I don't think my skills will extend to fiddling with electro static gass though ;)

Trevor

No problem Trevor , if you can wire a plug and use a soldering iron then you can build one, not difficult at all and so much

Cheaper than buying an off the shelf product. Drop us a PM if you want to know more fella .

Dan