Meatballs on captured Brewster B-339D , 1:72

Hi mates,

lets now facing part two of my "Meatball Series" Today you will get an captured B-339D, ex Netherland Airforce. This plane was tested by the japanese in 1942 at Java.

The Kit is Hasegawa, the new sternpart and tailwheel is quickboost, Decals are "Flying Papa". Hope you like it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by A6Intruder
  • Like 13

Interesting - do you think that colours were Japan or Netherlands, just with overpainted markings?

Cheers

J-W

The Colours are not japanese. My sources told me the names are Longblad + Outblad. It should compare with early us oliv drab and us medium green, below Aluminium. I could not find overpainted markings.

@Mitch: Yes it is the Hasegawa Kit.

I could do with a Buffalo / B339 in my collection: is the Hasegawa kit OK?

Hi Mitch,

Hasegawa is a pretty decent starting point for B.239, F-2A-1, F-2A-2 and F-2A-3. GFor B.339B, D and E a even better starting point might be the Special Hobby with as super detailed (etches, Resin) Hasey feeling. Other kits are miles behind these two.

Cheers,

AaCee

The Colours are not japanese. My sources told me the names are Longblad + Outblad. It should compare with early us oliv drab and us medium green, below Aluminium. I could not find overpainted markings.

@Mitch: Yes it is the Hasegawa Kit.

To be precise the Dutch names are Jongblad (young leaf) and Oudblad (old leaf). I agree with your matches, that's what I use for my Dutch East Indies planes.

Interesting to see the Hasegawa can be build as a KNIL plane with some QB items.

Special Hobby's Dutch boxing also includes Japanese markings I think.

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...