„BISMARCK“ – German’s battleship 1941 – 1/200 by Trumpeter, Pontos, …

*** UPDATE ***

... And one last update, before the final fotos for the gallery could be made :)

The stairways are finished, painted and mounted. Also some further add-on parts on the maindeck. The flaggs (fabric) are formed with white-glue and water mix, then glued to the masts with super glue.

The display was painted in palisander and clear coat.... then the name plates follow on both sides.

Generally speaking - that's it..... most of the work is done, just some reworks to be done, which I will note during the next days I think .. :)

dsc_9319_1024x678mis1d.jpg

dsc_9310_1024x678ihsqh.jpg

dsc_9307_1024x678llsfd.jpg

dsc_9303_1024x678b6slu.jpg

dsc_9316_1024x6785jsun.jpg

dsc_9314_1024x67839s7s.jpg

dsc_9320_1024x67836sv6.jpg

dsc_9321_1024x67819suw.jpg

dsc_9322_1024x678w3scv.jpg

dsc_9328_1024x678yhs63.jpg

Cheers

Micha

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

*** FINISHED ***

Hello,

it is done .... here we go and finish this project today.... finally, the Bismarck is finished!

I want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your interest in this project. Thank you for your assistance, for your help, criticism, infos - for all your feedback during all the time!

I will add some more pictures during the next days in the gallery.... I think a lot of photos as I am knowing me... sorry for that :)

Here a small appetizer on the coming gallery - and the end of this build ....

DSC_9529.jpg

Thank you very much once again to all readers, watchers, writers, followers, ... for your interest in this project!

Cheers

Micha

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate your talent very much and your willingness to document this build. What I find most striking is your treatment of the wooden decks as most people, it seems, just adhere the deck to the model and call it 'done'. The material most often used was teak wood but regardless of which type, wood did not stay as pristine looking as the day it was delivered from the lumberyard. I much prefer the light gray wash you used to lighten the wood and the resulting variety of tonal colors both light and dark that exist on your deck are a fine, fine enhancement.

Also, many builders seem to over-weather their models of Bismarck; adding large amounts of rust, peeling paint and the like but it is regarded that Bismarck was not in service long enough to receive a lot of abuse. You kept the wear and tear to a balanced and subtle minimum.

Fine work! ;)